Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat Identification Help, Sea King

Boat Identification Help, Sea King 12 years 9 months ago #52174

Hi, I just bought my first boat - Not including my canoe. I bought it as part of a charity auction on e-bay for only $15! I picked it up yesterday and everything looks to be in "reasonable" condition. I don't have a lot of information about the boat.

The previous owner got it from a renter and doesn't know a lot about it, but he did say he had it out and everything seems to work on it.

I have tried to find some info on the boat, but can't find anything of value out there.

According to the guy I got it from he thinks it's a 1968

-The windshield seems to be a somewhat unique in that the curve does not go all the way down to the hull, but stops short and a brace continues down.
-The fake lapstrakes on the side have a dip in them about half way back on the hull.
-There are two back to back seats in it
-It is a little over 15 feet long

The tag on the boat says...

Sea King by Wards
60 HP Max
5 People
Model 60-28150
Serial was not legible
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Boat Identification Help, Sea King 12 years 9 months ago #52176

check the library under Sea King may help you... no specific 68 info but lapstruck is common on these. And $15 what a deal!!

Re:Boat Identification Help, Sea King 12 years 9 months ago #52178

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats on the great deal Redhouse7, and welcome! Your "new" boat appears to be in pretty good condition, but the picture of all that snow is making me shiver. :laugh: I'm sure someone will be able to chime in here and help you out with the ID, lot's of very knowledgeable folks coming by here from time to time. Good luck with it, and keep us posted.

Mark

Re:Boat Identification Help, Sea King 12 years 9 months ago #52181

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Try looking at the Starcraft brochures in the library. Starcraft did build some of the Montgomery Ward boats for several years. That change in the lapstrake pattern was used on several models of Starcraft boats.

Re:Boat Identification Help, Sea King 12 years 9 months ago #52182

B) Yeah, a little cold for boating unless you have an icebreaker! I'm looking forward to fixing it up a bit. I've learned through enough failed projects to keep it simple or it never gets finished. For the most part I plan on getting everything working well enough and putting some new seats in it, maybe carpet and a buff job. I'm thinking fishing rig more than anything, although a pleasure cruise from time to time will be fun too.

The one thing I could use a little help on is the motor will need a tune up. Where is the best outlet for parts for older motors? Mine is a 45 horsepower Sea King/Chrysler.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online