• Page:

TOPIC: FG Library Myths & Legends

FG Library Myths & Legends 12 years 10 months ago #51850

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Last week I posted on the Trailer Talk forum a patent I came across for a cat hydro-foil. If a cat hydro-foil is not odd enough this one had retractable landing gear for a trailer. A couple nights later I was snoopin’ round the library for something to read. I saw Myths & Legends, hummm never saw that before. Those stray cats are right up my alley. I like reading the patents; you really can get inside the designers head. It’s also been a good source for pieces to put together a history of the motor powered cats.

There are a number of sources to search and access patents that are free, Google patent search, freepatentsonline.com and the govt. site to name a few. You can order copies from the govt. for $3 each; most sites have free .PDF files to download.

A few of my favorites
1958 Outboard Catamaran Patent #183679

1963 Boat and Use Thereof Patent #3177836

1964 Hydro-foil Speed and Pleasure Craft Patent #3227123

1966 Catamaran Splash Guard Patent #3401663

1969 Catamaran Patent #3460502

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:FG Library Myths & Legends 12 years 9 months ago #51885

In the 1950`s Texas Maid had a Navy contract to build 50 boats 14' long that had a bumper hitch on the front and retractable wheels to be towed behind a jeep. I know where one of these are and the old gentleman will not sell it. I think I might go back and ask again for the 4th time.

Re:FG Library Myths & Legends 12 years 9 months ago #51913

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Sounds like it would be a cool score frogman. The Navy had all kinds of boats built. Any pics? Keep at it, one day it will be for sale, when it is you'll be there. He'll be happier to sell to the nice guy that show the interest in it he had. I have run across a few other cats with retractable landing gear, nothing that looked military.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online