• Page:

TOPIC: Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands

Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51047

• mendel
  • mendel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I own a classic car shop here in the Netherlands where I restore & repair classic cars but I've never owned any kind of boat before until I came across this waterjet boat. The boat was recently registered by a its previous owner but in the papers there wasn't a Hull Identification Number. Neither was there any info on the make or model of the boat or any manufacturer information. So I scoured the boat looking for any identifying mark but so far haven't found anything. I have had some opinions from some Dutch guys around who know bits and pieces of history about waterjet boats in Holland, and some of them have talked about the boat perhaps being from the UK or Italy or from a cruise ship company but I know it's possible that this could be a US boat.

Can you help me solve this mystery?

Thanks in advance,

Mendel Pronk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51053

Mendel,
Can you post more pics from different angles, port, starboard etc.. Looks like a good project to work on. Depending on the year, there wasn't any HIN's. Others can jump in here, I believe pre 60's boats didn't require HIN's at least U.S wise. Post some more pics and someone here should be able to help identify it. Thompson Boat (Andreas) may be of some help company wise, he's very knowledgeable when it comes to digging up manufacturer history.

Bob

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51055

The HID codes started in 1972 so it may be older than that. Is the windsheild mounting base factory or an add on. If it's factory I would guess that it's not an American made boat.. More pics will definately help.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51058

• mendel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
@Waterwings: Thanks, Bob! I uploaded more pics to my profile today, but when posting this I didn't notice a way to attach multiple images. (Do you know how to do that?) I'll try attaching some more of the pics again now. If you can get to my profile you could see the others there I think?

And I'll try to find user Thomspon Boat, thanks for the nice recommendation.

@classicfins: The windshield base looks like it is original. The windshield base is at an angle, not rounded. I'll now upload a more direct view of the interior control panel which may show what I'm referring to. In general a lot of details look modified on the boat, but the structure certainly looks original.
Attachments:

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51061

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Greetings Mendel, and welcome aboard! Pretty cool looking boat, good luck on the quest to identify her. You can post multiple pics in your post by doing it first with one, then hitting the "edit" button and posting another. This can be done as many times as you'd like. ;)

Mark

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51062

Mendel,
Mark S is sight about posting the multiple pics. After looking at your profile pics, it definitely looks modified from original, especially the dash. Lines seem very geometric. As far as Thompson Boat is concerned be patient, he'll check the thread out soon enough. Unfortunately I can't help much on the ID.

Bob

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51064

• mendel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, Mark (or "Dank je wel" as we say over here in Holland), for the kind welcome. And thanks for the tip - just added the photos. Can you think of anything that I should try to take a picture of on the boat, to help other enthusiasts to identify it?

Happy American Thanksgiving, by the way!

Mendel from The Netherlands

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51065

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very interesting craft Mendel, I see you've added some more good pics. I don't think Andreas has dropped in yet today, and we have other folks dropping in from time to time from all over the globe, literally. It may take some time, but hopefully someone will be able to assist with the ID on your boat. Quite the interesting jet set-up too, don't believe I've seen one like that before. Are you planning a restoration/renovation? I'll be following with interest to see what you uncover, and watch as you hopefully bring her back to her proper glory! ;)

P.S. - 67-68 Camaro in the background?

Mark

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51126

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
The Camaro is a '67, vent windows and no side marker lights.We owned a few. I haven't a clue as to what the boat is but it does look like it has been customized.

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51197

• mendel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
@MarkS
Thanks again, Mark for the positive words. And thanks for your interest! Know a buyer for the Camaro? ;) Seems like I might need one to get this boat back into shape. ;)

But seriously, can you think of any U.S. publications or companies (or elsewhere, for that matter) which might have history or research on older fiberglass jet boats like this?

@Oceans2
Thanks for your message! Just curious: which details for you convincingly show customization?

Mendel

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51241

hi mendel,i have a old larson that i bought just for the trailer,and the hull looks a good bit like yours,except its not a jet boat,im not sure how close it is i will get pics tomorrow,im not saying it is a larson but its close,this is an old pic,just to see how close it is.it looks closer from the front.john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51270

it was a little dark when i took the pic,but its close to your second pic ,of the bottom of your hull,not exact but close,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Mystery Vintage Waterjet Boat in The Netherlands 12 years 10 months ago #51279

Hello Mendal,

I do not recognize the boat and without a manufacturer's/builder's name, I cannot do any research.

I have been to Amsterdam, stayed in Dordrecht for several days and visited Doetinchem.

Sorry I cannot be of any assistance.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online