Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW TOY!

NEW TOY! 12 years 10 months ago #50210

friends,

this afternoon, i bought myself a 1967 Evinrude Model 80793M 80HP "short-foot" OB with electric shifting, from a nice young man, several miles northeast of SA.
(lest everyone start weeping, i will NOT tell you what he recently "cut up" to make a "flats boat".)

i have NO idea if it runs (or ever will, for that matter) but it is all in one piece with the controls & was "priced right" (read: cheap) enough for a winter project.
(in the event that the OB turns out NOT to be "repairable" at a price that i can afford, i will "scatter out the parts" to folks here who NEED them. = for example the cowl is "nearly unobtainable", i'm told & some of the other bits & pieces are $$$$$$$$ on "fleabay".)

color me: PLEASED!

BUT now i need a 1967 runabout & trailer to match the OB, if it's repairable.
(woe is me.)

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:NEW TOY! 12 years 10 months ago #50214

Satx,
Excellent, that's the same motor, with a '62 75hp, that I got for $100 bucks! It's posted in the JEGO's forum. Of course mine are shorties. They aren't frozen but haven't taken any compression readings yet. Wanted to put a little Marvel Mystery oil in and let it set then take some. Great motors to work on. Looking forward to getting mine restored and running.

Bob

Re:NEW TOY! 12 years 10 months ago #50217

waterwings,

fwiw, i'm MOSTLY a fisherman & 80HP is plenty to push a BIG open runabout/utility, without drinking more mogas than i can afford to buy. also, johnnyrudes are generally less difficult to work on than Mercurys are.

also, i think that Sierra sells most normal mechanical parts (through NAPA stores)for the #80793 a LOT cheaper than the marine dealers do.

fwiw, it surely is "un-fun" to try to type with a 3 month old Chihuahua puppy in your lap!
(!@#$%^&!)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle