Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: power cat questions

power cat questions 12 years 10 months ago #50028

Saw a big finned boat in a field yesterday, planned to stop and check it out this afternoon. I'm at an AOMCI meet this morning talking to a guy and he knew of the boat. Says it's a power cat, and looking at the library and comparing to what I remember, I think he's right. He's seen it in this field for 18+ years.

Library says plywood and fiberglass construction. Could this thing even be worth looking at?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:power cat questions 12 years 10 months ago #50031

Probably not worth your time, but would you mind telling where it is located just in case SOMEBODY might be interested.

Re:power cat questions 12 years 10 months ago #50037

Just outside Blessing, Tx. I'll be there in a couple hours. if I can find anyone connected with it I'll get some pictures if they'll let me. Might be mine by then, probably not, but time will tell.

Re:power cat questions 12 years 10 months ago #50087

Well, false alarm. Closer inspection - like climbing all over it - says it's a 1960 Cutter Avon 17.

Pretty bad shape, it was pushed around with a dozer when they cleaned a fence row.

If this was a Meteor I'd jump on it. It could be rebuilt, but not by anyone with good sense! If it was a meteor, well...... different story, but it's not.

Re:power cat questions 12 years 10 months ago #50110

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah, I'd say that's a pass for sure... Even if it were a Meteor, I'd have second (and third) thoughts...

Re:power cat questions 12 years 10 months ago #50183

Awww a little kitty hair and it will buff right out. It would be a real project but a person would really have to want it bad.

Re:power cat questions 12 years 10 months ago #50187

my moms fiance "john "ed" gordon.picked up a cutter 1959 avon sliding hardtop,cool boat,john and i have the little sister to it a 1959 cutter jet de ville.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle