• Page:

TOPIC: aligning steering wheel

aligning steering wheel 12 years 10 months ago #49683

• 59Hustler
  • 59Hustler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I just moved my springs on my cable steering from my motor to the last connection. Now my wheel is almost 90 degrees out is there an easy way to fix this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:aligning steering wheel 12 years 10 months ago #49689

Basically your going to have to readjust your cables. Probably have to have one more wrap on the back of the steering wheel on one groove or the other depending on which side is longer. Not really hard just a little tedious. You'll need to loosen the cable clamps on the ends of the cable to readjust the lengths once the wheel is centered. May even need to pull the cable back to the steering wheel hub if it's the inner groove closest to the back of the dash. That's how mine is. Starboard drive, inner groove runs down the starboard side. the outer groove runs behind the dash to the port side then down the gunnels. That cable will be in the way if you have to put another turn/wrap on the inner groove, if the starboard side would be longer.

You may also be able to just remove the pulley from the back of the wheel, behind the dash. If so, center the motor, remove the pulley, center the wheel, and unwrap and wrap the extra or needed cable for the appropriate side on the appropriate groove. Just remember, don't cross the cables. It should be pretty obvious when you look behind the dash at the hub.

Once you have that done and the hub back on the back of the wheel, you can tweak the tension at the springs by pulling the cable tight and reclamping it in the clam clamps back by the motor.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online