• Page:

TOPIC: canadian boat registration question

canadian boat registration question 12 years 10 months ago #49602

• delirious
  • delirious's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
i had this boat given to me a bazzilion years ago by the owner of the boat plant i worked at. i finally decided to do something with it. i cant find a hull number and theres only a capacity plate on it. I aquired the nessessary paperwork to register it, but, cant fill it out completely due to the unknowns. (my boss at the factory is now dead btw) how hard is it to get registered now and what hoops do i need to back flip through to make it legal???????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:canadian boat registration question 12 years 10 months ago #49663

Hi; Does the boat have a Canadian registration # on the hull now? how big is it and what is the HP rating? If it has never been registered and you are running less than 10hp on it there is no need to register it. If the boat has been registered go to the nearest Canada Services office (employment insurance etc) and have a chat with them. Generally they will want a receipt showing that you have bought the boat (be creative) and for how much ($200.00 is a nice #) you may be asked to show a receipt that you paid the HST (any Ontario License office will be glad to take your $26.00) on the purchase. Generally they will do a manual registration search (takes a few days) to make sure that the boat was never reported stolen and if nothing pops up the boat will be registered in your name. I have not had to register a boat in the last couple of years but this is how it worked in the past 4 years or so. Al

Re:canadian boat registration question 12 years 10 months ago #49708

• delirious
  • delirious's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
thnx...will try that

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online