Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish?

Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 11 months ago #49526

Bruce,
I didn't want to 'high-jack' the "Help with recognition" post because it is staying on topic very well, but wanted to thank you for pointing out the Dorcett El Dorado in that one picture you posted of the Viking 19.
I just put a freshing rebuilt & restored Merc 800 4 cyl short shaft with power trim on a beautifully restored El Dorado.
I should have taken better pictures of it as it is a beautiful little runabout.
Yes,...IMHO 80hp is way too much HP for the little runabout.
Did everyone spot the RedFish in the back ground??
Thom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 11 months ago #49528

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
That El Dorado IS a beauty Doc, and the Merc looks good on there! Love the upholstery job in her too, very nice.

Good eye spotting the RedFish, I sure missed it until you said something. :blush:

Mark

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49530

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Thom, Ted never did get the Dorsett wet yet, been too busy work. Its put up for the winter now, stored Mud Bay. Next year, I'll have to take some pix..(should have when he was getting ready to take to you, but didn't think about it). Next summer.

Also, same street as him, on the corner coming in here, all of a sudden, theres a RedFish, sitting in the side yard, and appears to be "Yard art? Sitting no trailer, in a timber frame sand "box". I know the gearhead that lives there, but I aint caught him at home yet. I asked some others here, said the hull/transom shot, but it looks VERY rebuild-able to me? I'll have to find out more about it.
Need to take a pic of it. Also, gonna head yer way someday, need a Shelton run, give ya heads up call...Robby

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49546

Thom,
That is a beautiful boat and she looks good with your handiwork on the back. Yep did catch the Redfish in the background, also caught that nice piece of iron pickup too. Model A?

Been thinking of you, how's the hand buddy?

Bob

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49573

Thanks for asking Bob.
The hand is still attached, but doesn't co-operate with my tools, or many other daily things, but I still glove it up and push forward.
I burnt my hand pretty good a few days ago - didn't feel the heat, but it will heal, & hopefully I'll get smarter.
The ole iron in my garage is a very rusty old '27 Model T Touring.
A 4 door convertible - of sorts.
Pretty rough, but I'd like to drive it around the yard someday.
Someday,...When ALL my Mercs are running.
:laugh:

Robby,
You'ld better get your Flatty Ready to Rumble. There is a new Flatty on the block. Stop by and see my latest CL snag.
Thom

Y-Up,...That is a true 1500xs!!!
Attachments:

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49576

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thom!..yer SCARY, when Mama not looking out for ya! I want to run out ya this week, darken the door, but like the side email sent, might be busy, my old friend Tommy, a funeral..(lived a few houses down from Ted)..next week, for sure. (gotta see that new "toy"!'

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49577

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
A new beast in town!

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49579

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Trust me, anyone sees that Dorsett, friend mine, block down me. And Thom yanked the old 50HP,(poor runner, hard starter, salt us here). Did the 80 4 CYL on it. That El Dorado, is like new! Simple "pristine, as Thom wlll back me up here. Anyway, Thom, others, here's pic today, the "Redfish". Close me. Have zero clue condition, but a real fine candidate, "Restore"! Thom, give me a buzz/email, if ya wanna look into it. And I'll get some more .."skinny" it later. A pic..
Attachments:

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49609

Robby,
The prop is a 3 blade stainless that the previous owner was pretty proud of - claiming 70MPH with it on the Flatty.
I'm not sure I'm ready to 'buy into that' just yet, but it is a pretty nice prop.
It looks like the neighbor has the Red Fish set up as Yard Art (it looks like it is in a sand box?)
I read your write-up about Tommy and wish you and his other pals and family the very best in this time of loss.
The old song "only the good die young" seems true way too often.
Thom

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49610

wow doc,i dont know how i missed this post but that yellow dorsett is fantastic,i love that interior,and of course your motor hanging off the back,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49644

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thom, I edited the post...old eyes, see now a 3 blade. Hey, another XS is in the house! I'll stop out next week. Getting caught up here, got time to BS ya. Next time I see Ted, I'll see if he has any pix the Dorsett. It IS one damn fine restore!

Re:Dorcett El Dorado & RedFish? 12 years 10 months ago #49665

Thom,
Holy Crap, nice new toy but I think those transom tabs ned to be a little longer it your going to stop it from doing a "wheelie"!!!!! :woohoo:

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online