Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Making reservations for next year's ACBS meet

Making reservations for next year's ACBS meet 12 years 11 months ago #49318

In Hammondsport New York, on beautiful Keuka Lake. Once again, we'll stay at Keuka Lake State Campground. We pull in Thursday before the meet, then stay through the following week, leaving Saturday.

I was amazed that all three campsites we liked were already reserved! Last year I think you couldn't make reservations before 6 months ahead. I checked yesterday just to see, and they've changed to 11 months! In other words, in the future we need to be right on it the month after we camp there.

Instead of taking 10 days (two full weeks with the weekends) off, we're taking 7, and saving some vacation time for ocean-side camping after labor day in Delaware near Rehoboth Beach, one of our favorite northeast ocean spots.

I hope to see more of you NE folks at Keuka this year. Come early, stay late!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Making reservations for next year's ACBS meet 12 years 11 months ago #49335

it'll be a toss up between silver and keuka. leaning towards silver because of calmer waters. ron

Re:Making reservations for next year's ACBS meet 12 years 11 months ago #49363

Silver is only calmer because the meet is before school is out Ron. Keuka, even in the middle of July, is great mid-week, and that's why we stay so long there, so we can get out and about during the weekdays. Plus, we love that campground and the area around, especially the village of Hammondsport. We may do Silver too, not sure just yet. If we do, it will just be for the day.

Frank

Re:Making reservations for next year's ACBS meet 12 years 11 months ago #49372

I'm going to see if the CC's are going to try to get together next year before I make a decision on where to go.

The only issue with Hammondsport is that the Mystic Seaport show was the week after and the Essex, CT show (which they have been bugging me to do for 3 years and I have to next year) was the week before. Three in a row is overload. Had a great time in H, but I would find a different hotel next time.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Making reservations for next year's ACBS meet 12 years 11 months ago #49373

Our "hotel" is a tiny travel trailer that has a reservation at Keuka Lake State Campground, one of the nicest lake front campgrounds we have ever been at. We go to this meet because we like the area and the people so much. The Wine County Classic Boat folks are the best! The state park we stay at has really nice boat ramps too. I doubt we'll do more than this one ACBS meet. I know a lot of you guys do a bunch of them, but #1, I'm not retired, and #2, I want a boating vacation, not just a weekend where all I do is run someplace, hang out, then run home. Not for me!

Enjoy your ACBS meets!

Frank

Re:Making reservations for next year's ACBS meet 12 years 11 months ago #49418

Frank, I'm not retired either. I do one travel show per year. That is what time and money allow. Mystic Seaport is 4 miles from my house and Essex is about 1/2 hour. Those are little more then day trips. Got to support the local stuff.

Being self employed, I'm still trying to balance vacation with client demands. This summer was very hectic with work and I did very little boating :(

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Making reservations for next year's ACBS meet 12 years 11 months ago #49420

My thing is I live by the Hudson, but don't like boating on it. Lake George is not far, but it's really all woodies. The Wine Country Classic Boat chapter opened their arms to glassics, and while it's a hike, we love the area. This will be our 3rd year, so we're getting to know more people there too. We hope to retire in that general area before 2020!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online