Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 196? Crosby (?) runabout

196? Crosby (?) runabout 12 years 11 months ago #49051

• jbcurt00
  • jbcurt00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 15
I am going to see my second prospect for a 1st winter project late this week: An early 60's Crosby @15ft, with a serviceable trailer. No motor, but steering wheel is intact & salvageable, windshield isn't cracked, some chrome in ok shape, some pitted or dented fairly badly, according to current owner. Hull is hole free w/ no soft spots, transom was good the last time he put an outboard on it... 2+ seasons ago. Since then the interior has been removed, but floor seemed solid the last time he was in it removing seats. The trailer will need a little work before I tow it home. I hope to be able to get a 'correct' period-ish outboard for it. Although maxing out on a 2011/2 90+ HP bright & shiny motor might be exciting, I couldn't afford it anyway. I have a lead on a golden jubilee Evinrude that is not seized, but won't fire.

At the price he's asking, I feel a little awkward offering less, but I was surprised not to get more info, details &/or photos from the owner when I contacted him. So I'm timing my 1st hands on inspection with a road trip for work Maybe it was a bad day, or he's tired of lookie-lou's wasting his time.

Any info, photos or suggestions would be appreciated. I read a nice thread on another forum for a similar looking Crosby, and I'd like to know roughly what the original interior looked like. I've been through some of the Crosby past posts, and may need to follow up on a few of the plastic/metal/black/chrome script logos if I drag her home next week. Crosby Owners group, hmmmm. I read a nice thread on another board about a similar looking Crosby but it was listed as late 60's....

I really enjoyed friscoboater's trials & error thread & his videos.

I also looked at a 1969 Razorback that the current owner has totally messed it up inside & out. I might reconsider it if it was free, but I almost wanted to ask to be paid to haul it off. Trailer & motor may have been salvageable, but wow, what a wreck........

Crosby photo below
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:196? Crosby (?) runabout 12 years 11 months ago #49060

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard, JB. Personally I don't know much about Crosbys, but we do have a few folks around here who do. I'm sure someone will check in and give you a hand/info/advise. Good luck with your quest for a project, hope it works out for ya.

Mark

Re:196? Crosby (?) runabout 12 years 11 months ago #49084

Welcome!
As Mark said, we do have some Crosby experts here. Hopefully they'll help you with your question soon. I have a '57 Crosby Capri, but can't tell you too much about early 60's models. You might try Joe at FergusonPoole.com. His family owned a marine company that sold Crosby's back in the day. He may have some brochures to help with getting it back to its original state.
Add some more pics if you can...close ups and interior.
Good luck.

Brian

Re:196? Crosby (?) runabout 12 years 11 months ago #49139

• jbcurt00
  • jbcurt00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 15
Thanks
I did look through Joe's post on another Crosby thread here..... Still trolling 4 sites for info, so we'll see....Looking forward to getting my hands & eyes on her!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online