• Page:

TOPIC: steering wheel ?

steering wheel ? 12 years 11 months ago #49016

• kewpie79
  • kewpie79's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The steering wheel on my boat was sun damaged beyond repair. (Imagine that, fifty years in the desert). Anyways, I stripped it down to the metal ring. Is there anything I can do with it or am I just going to have to get a new one? I saw the wooden wheel build it yourself link, not for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:steering wheel ? 12 years 11 months ago #49017

kewpie,do you have pics of what the steering wheel looked like before it was stripped down,i might be able to help you find one,and if it isnt perfect just send it to me,ill fix it up no charge.i have one im doing now.
it will take awhile though i have a huge honey do list,lol,john p.s. that goes for all fiberglassics members.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:steering wheel ? 12 years 11 months ago #49020

• kewpie79
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Of course I never take a pic of what I need. but, here is a link to a close up of the hub
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/2-main-forum/44135-removing-this-steering-wheel.html#44135

Here is a before pic, you can see the wheel a little bit.
It was black and white, the middle grab areas were like a flying V in shape

also may be able to see a little more in this
Attachments:

Re:steering wheel ? 12 years 11 months ago #49024

wow its really hard to see the detail,but i THINK it looks like an attwood,do a saved search on ebay for "vintage boat steering wheels",i see them come up from time to time,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:steering wheel ? 12 years 11 months ago #49029

• kewpie79
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
could it be a kiekhaefer, everythng else is, along with kainer "seagull" hardware collection.

Re:steering wheel ? 12 years 11 months ago #49032

there is a kainer wheel sellingright now on ebay.its not the same as yours but i have restored one just like the one on ebay,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle