Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Commando U2

Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48807

Though I don't post much, I've been on this site for well over a decade. Just wondering how many Commando U2's there are out there? I recently bought my third U2 to add to my fleet of oldies (34) and am curious about the production numbers, which I think is very limited. I look forward to your responses.

woodboat :cheer:

p.s. thanks to Doug Young for delivering a 1959 GlassCraft to me today....Doug sold me a Vali IV a few years ago !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48808

wow,its nice to see you post somthing ,i miss ya around here.
as for U2s im pretty sure "commander" has one that he poped from a mold he made.other then that yours are the only ones i know about.
and yep doug is a pretty good person ,as are you,thank you,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48819

long overdue corrine...your a top notch gal. i think joe wallace has a U2. ron

Re:Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48830

I don't have a U2, but I do have a Cobra. Only one I've seen.

Re:Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48839

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
CONGRATS C.: Good to hear from ya.. I saw a facebook pic of Doug Y road trip . Classy hull ..
U2-I believe Bill Anderson (ILL) would have a lot of current info .. He has two of EveryThing.!

Tell me one of your 34 museum hulls is a Glasspar . We need to invite you to our Blue Grass chapter here in Chattanooga. I just
brought home a 59 G-3 yesterday.

Re:Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48935

April 1958 "outboard" magazine ad for Commando. Not the U2 model, but might be of interest.

Re:Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48943

Joe Wallace sold his Commando to me. It is missing the side moldings. Bill Anderson has one also.

Re:Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48945

Printout should be a '58 Sportsman - it's the only one that matches the specs.

Re:Commando U2 12 years 11 months ago #48951

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I sent Corrine a pm but I know kevfin has one.missing fins. and there was a couple in canada,comando popped on ealso, There was a couple out east,then Corrines 2 she got from Bill Wehuntand one from before,,We used mine 2 yrs ago for the summer and I hated it,ride performance and all, I like the look of it but I hhave better boats to use ,so it is on top rack,Everybody is different,Mine was restore by Jeff Buckley, and i think he said it was actually used in the test bulletins back in the day before him,Better pics onleft menu click web linkd,then hobby sight,then click on to my name go to bottom see ya Bill Anderson
Attachments:

Re:Commando U2 12 years 8 months ago #54694

Hi Corrine,
I still have my U2.It is taking a little longer time to finish than I expected. It is in the garage again ,so I hope to use it this summer..The tee nee trailer is ready to go,I sold the 75 johnson I was going to put on it.I have a merc 500 that I have to paint before it goes on..the bottom of the u2 is ready for paint...Now,have to prep the top 1/2 for paint..Will post pics soon..will need advise on prop selection...They are one of a kind boats, lol...otherwise I would have given up on it a long time ago..Denis

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online