Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Testing for fogging winter prep?

Testing for fogging winter prep? 12 years 11 months ago #48608

I'm about to pick up my 1986 Johnson 65 hp motor after some service.
It had some warranty work and also had the engine fogged/wintreized. Any way to check if it has beed done and correctly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Testing for fogging winter prep? 12 years 11 months ago #48609

The old adage is if you want to make sure something is done right, do it yourself. Holds true here. Check the lower unit oil for water. If possible, fire up the motor with winterized gasoline and re-fog it. Then you'll know for sure...

Re:Testing for fogging winter prep? 12 years 11 months ago #48629

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Wouldn't hurt just to pull the plugs and spray the fogging oil in the cylinders and squirt some around the carbs. If you store it outside some mothballs in a baggie under the hood will keep the critters from camping out and chewing up the sound deadner.

Re:Testing for fogging winter prep? 12 years 11 months ago #48640

Mothballs will deter the bugs. I've watched starlings rubbing them on themselves in the garden. It will kill the bugs on them. Use a good mouse bait around all you stored for winter motors. If it is not to cold put a few glue boards around. Most glue board loose there stickiness in cold weather if used outside. Tracking powder works well if you can get it. Snap traps are still a good way to go too. Don't leave kids and dogs around bait, put it in a tamper-proof bait station. I did this stuff for years, I'm a retired exterminator.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online