Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crestliner Del Rio

Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #48508

New owner of a 1967 Crestliner Del Rio just purchased from Central Florida. Will have pictures up later this week once I find my camera cable for uploading. The boat is in good condition but when I took it out for a test ride with my girl and son, about five minutes into the ride a rat came out from under the seat and I almost had two go overboard. It took off back under the front of the boat, later found a hole he made, so we went back to the dock. Well, after setting traps, etc. and finally removing the floor, found him and shot him with a bb gun. He really tore up the foam under the floor so I am about to use the pourable foam this weekend. I also purchased new marine vinyl flooring to put on the two ten foot pieces of the floor while it is out. Also will need to do an extremely through cleaning and disinfectant to remove any smell left over, I think he was in the boat for a long time and had a large stash of acorns. Anyway, this is my first post so I will conclude for now but will be posting the pics of the boat with the original seats, the floor being replaced and the results of the foam within the next few weeks. I think that I may be the third Del Rio on this site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #48509

• tey1967
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats on the find! Great story too!

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #48512

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Bayhopper. Congrats on the Del Rio, they're a beautiful craft IMO. Looking forward to seeing your pics. I've heard of folks having rodent problems, but yours takes the cake! Darn "stowaways". :laugh:

Mark

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #48759

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a 62. Great boat. A lot of fun. Looking forward to your pics.

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49106

Finally have pics from 1967 Crestliner Del Rio, had to take the floor out chasing the rat, finally got him and now cleaning up the foam he tore up and ready for pourable foam this weekend. Also have new marine vinyl flooring to go down since the panels are out. Under the floor was dry and the original floor will be put back in as there was no damage. Will be putting it all back together this weekend and maybe get out on the water, love to get some action shots on the water..

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49108

Had to reduce the size inorder to post.
Attachments:

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49109

Attachments:

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49110

Attachments:

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49112

Attachments:

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49113

Last one until I learn how to post multiple pics.
Attachments:

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49117

Cool boat !
to post multiple pics,,
post 1st pic submit
wait till complete then click edit.....post new pic
continue doing this till you are done !!

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49123

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice...

Are those all fiberglass stringers? If so, LUCKY YOU!

I'd have left the rat. It would add character :)

-Andrew

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49128

What I found was original and dry, no damage to anything but the foam(styrofoam in sheets) that I will be replacing this weekend. I have been reading about repairs to stringers anticipating reworking them and was surprised on what was under the floor.

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49130

Have you core sampled the stringers? I would just to make sure.

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49199

Your stringers should be hollow on your boat. They put alum plates in along the top in places for secure mounting of seats. All the Crestliners I have worked on have been the same. Just make sure the drain holes between them are clear of any junk. Skip.

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49263

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Baybopper wrote:

What I found was original and dry, no damage to anything but the foam(styrofoam in sheets) that I will be replacing this weekend. I have been reading about repairs to stringers anticipating reworking them and was surprised on what was under the floor.

I found the same under the floor of my 62.I was very pleased :) . Looks like they changed the top deck some.Other than that,bout the same boat.I think you gonna like her.

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49302

Thanks Jim, I have been admiring your Del Rio boat pictures and was inspired by what a nice looking boat and how high in the water it sat. I want to use mine on local lake but also in the Gulf of Mexico off Clearwater and looks like this boat will handle some fairly big waves that I might see out there. I did not see any aluminum plates for mounting the seats, the four bolts that hold them to the floor actually straddle the stringers and do not get secured into them. Thanks to everyone for the comments, looking forward to restoring my boat further.

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49490

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Baybopper, I had her out a lot this summer. Stayed dry(except for a downpour my wife and I got caught in :laugh: )Does your boat have the piece of plywood on the transom?

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 11 months ago #49517

LOL - poor ol rat! I bet his heart was pounding trying to figure out what the heck was going on!

One summer several years ago I parked my '57 Thompson on the street in Minneapolis. One evening took her out boating with friends. There was this chirping sound and some scurrying sounds under the floor. Never did see a critter but I think it was a chipmunk that had gotten in the boat while parked on the street.

Removed floor boards the next day but there was no evidence of the varmint. He probably vacated as soon as the rig was parked after the boatig excursion!

Andreas

Re:Crestliner Del Rio 12 years 10 months ago #49529

to all:

reference "livestock in boats": in April of 1988, my first cousin & i went to Greenville,TX to pick up a 16' Yellow Jacket boat/Mark78A/trailer that Randy had bought "sight unseen" from a farmer.

we arrived (with everything i could think of to get the rig home. = tools, chain,"come along", 2 jacks, spare tires, bearing grease, etc, etc.) about 2PM & "hooked up to" my old GMC, to head home.

all might have been fine, except that Randy decided to "go aboard" & "have a look see around". - he crawled over the port side, sat down in the seat & VERY SUDDENLY seemed to levitate into mid-air & REVERSED COURSE, SCREAMING like a banshee.

the farmer dissolved into laughter, as he could see (as i could NOT, darn it!)the VERY large/angry "Mama Coon", who had departed over the starboard side.- he said that he's never seen a fellow move as fast as Randy did.

after it was all over with, it was FUNNY even to Randy.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle