Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever

Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48404

1958 Glass magic Playmaster. original not restored. I need a couple more beers......
I saw Video Bobs ad.
I call buddy Roger
I tell Roger I want the one with the biggest fins
I may be an idiot
But dang it looks so cool.
It will be dark when Wife comes home
It needs a good cleaning. The last beer went down fast
I guess it was not the last beer.
So now another chapter of learning begins.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48405

Side shot.
Attachments:

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48409

Dash plaque. This fabulous time capsule has a thick mold on top of its (beer sip) factory cracked gell coat. (beer chug) I think after washing it will buff out.
All joking aside, Bob was a great host/seller. Very helpful. he was selling reluctantly and I hope he knows that this great project is being enjoyed already. Thank You Bob for an enjoyable day. Later Dave the Wave
Attachments:

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48410

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very cool boat Dave, but boy does that thing need a lot of love! You're just the guy for the job. It's almost dark now, I think you got away with it. Better celebrate. (And buy a tarp tomorrow.) :laugh:

Mark

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48411

Thanks but you miss spelled tap!

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48412

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Awesome Dave.
Looks about 6 kegs short of being perfect! ;)
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48414

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Good score! Whiskey is quicker.
Attachments:

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48425

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice, She'll be a real looker when you are done- Though I don't envy what you'll have to do to get her there!!

I've got some glass magic logos, etc. on my computer if you need them... I did the files for someone else doing a restoration that needed a center cap for a steering wheel.

-Andrew

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48429

Cool boat, I like it. Enjoy and post a lot of pictures for us less fortunate.

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48446

Excellent, can't wait to see her be transformed to a work of art.

Bob

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48459

I think it will be a fine ride when done and a general head turner.

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48460

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Morning Dave,

That boat is bad to the bone!!! Love the cool sides and the overall lines. Please keep us all in the loop as you restore her with pics in the forum. Congrats on your find!

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48501

Do you take time off from work?
Do you take vacation change ?
Do you justify new tools?
Yes I am an addict.
I needed quarters for the car wash, I promise I will put them back.
Is it wrong to order cool tools for customer jobs that just may help in my fiberglass addiction?

I tried a little sand blasting today. Than went to car wash.
This boat looked a lot worse than it is. Super solid. I will be taking floor out to inspect /repair stringers and transom.
Attachments:

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48502

back side
Attachments:

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48505

So Wifey sees boat for first time, at night and in the rain.
The florescent lights in shop made the green forest mold really light up. She says you already have a small boat (74 Glastron near mint)
But Honey this has FINS!!!
She says you only like it because it looks like a car. And your car looks like a boat. She did not use her "amused" voice.
So than I bring up the idea of buying a soda blaster (commercial size $$$).
Sure she says, it will help so you can get this boat done and SOLD.
NO No No Honey. Imagine how cool it will look at the Mt. Dora show....Plus its totaly rare, impossible to replace!
She says , What?! You have shown me hundreds of these old boats.
No sweet cakes this is DIFFERENT.
Well than it will easier to sell.
So now I can buy cool equipment, work on it, and justify it all by planning on selling it :lol:
Attachments:

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48507

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Your new boat is very cool. Just hope your wife doesn't read these threads......

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48694

She only reads the "fun" ones. We have been married so long that she knows what I am up to by the way I "sneak" out the door. I am just glad this boat looks better and is better than I first thought. Dave

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48735

• FINS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Looks just like the day I brought home my Playmaster. Glassmagic must have put moss in the gel coat when they first built them! Took some work but was a lot of fun! Good luck with your project!

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48822

Very nice. The response from this boat has been great. Even moss covered everyone liked it. I do like like the blue color. Dave

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 11 months ago #48825

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Morning Dave,

I broke the "Man Code" today and shared some of your thread with my wife. She loved the responses from your wife. I've never claimed to be the shiniest tool in the box but I believe I heard some of the same phrases used when I brought home my '63 Hydrodyne. "Its rare", I said. "Then it shouldn't take long to find a buyer" she replied. Etc, etc, etc.

I think there's a theme here guys and I think it a conspiracy that goes all the way back to our school days. We (the guys) went to wood shop where we became infatuated with tools. The girls went to Home Wreck where they read Cosmo and learned how to baked brownies from a box as well as how to manipulate us. I'm convinced that's where they learn that line, "If you love me...."

Thanks for the laughs!

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 10 months ago #51280

• otto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
yours is a more complete package than the one I got for free on craigs list.
Attachments:

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 10 months ago #51283

these are very cool boats,i love the lines on them!
as far as bringing home an old boat to my wife,been there done that,lol.
i was told only one boat is allowed,there are 3 sitting out there now that i want to restore for myself,one for my nephew and 2 that are going to go away.
as we went to harbor freight the other day,i saw what looked like a gt 160,my wife was driving and said i would be a dead man if i come back to it.
i did the same thing with each boat,told her how rare it is,and how cheap i got it,it doesnt impress her at all,lol.john,oh yeah as for the tools ,i tell her they will also work on her honey do,house list.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Not bragging but, I now have the coolest boat ever 12 years 10 months ago #51288

I found that if I just give the wife a couple of shots of gin she usally doesn't mind if I bring home boats, parts or tools. She has gotten to the point that she doesn't even ask anymore. All she wants is that I just have one boat running in the spring then she is happy.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online