Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 11 months ago #85959

Man, that looks sweet!!!! Great job!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 11 months ago #85975

absolutely beautiful,you should be very proud,i hope you put a pic of the whole boat in the calendar.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 11 months ago #85988

• Shelby18
  • Shelby18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you everyone. Here are some photos of her outside on the restored Hilltop trailer. Also you can see how the stern light is out of its socket.
Attachments:

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 11 months ago #85993

Is that a Buehler Flag I see? Was that an original logo on the flag or something you guys put on? Either way its cool.

I have a tee nee trailer which is what they used later on or each individual seller decided on which model and brand I am not sure.

That trailer; did it have any decals? The guy I used could make you some if you have a picture of the decal as they may have used back then?

The back of the boat is outstanding but I am a little partial..

I guess it will sit until Mt Dora?

Well the surprise is over and what a cool Buehler......are u going to name it?

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 11 months ago #85998

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hello John,

Yes, that flag was an original I got awhile back. You can see the flag on some of the brochures in the library.

Regarding the trailer I think it depended on the dealer. Here is a link to the history on mine. www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/trailer-talk/restoration-of-1963-hilltop-trailer-model-1218 It did have decals, and thank you for sending me the info for your decal guy. Once I have the fenders measured I'll be contacting him.

It won't exactly sit. We are taking it by the trailer in the background to an upholsterer to get a custom cover made. Then it will sit until Mt Dora.

I don't think I'm going to name it. The plate on the platform is good enough for me. And putting a name on it will just make the stern look a little to busy IMO.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 11 months ago #86043

WOW !!!! Piece of art, going to be a long winter waiting to take that baby for a ride !! Congrats on the resto...

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 11 months ago #86061

Great looking boat. Love the color.

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 11 months ago #86062

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Now that's a head turner. Great job.
Cal

Re:Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 9 months ago #87793

i have that emblem mr. rocket if ur still interested. beautiful motor by the way!

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 9 months ago #87794

rick thank you for all the pics of your restoration what a beautiful boat hope that you and your family enjoy her for years to come! inspiring to say the least.

Re:Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 9 months ago #87795

Yes I would......call 772 321 4753
Thanks

Re:Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 9 months ago #87796

I am east coast time..........772 321 4753

I did find one but its not in good condition....

Thanks

Re:Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 10 years 9 months ago #87797

Is that the flat plastic one.....if so that is correct......takes a month to strip them......

Where r you?

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102648

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Made the cover of Woody Boater today.... www.woodyboater.com/

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102649

congratulations.. a great feeling to be feautured on the cover of a publication. ron

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102659

Congratulations to you on making the cover of Woodyboater! Great write up for Marine Services Unlimited. I'm thrilled for you and hope to see that boat in Tavares this March!

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102661

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks Ron & Royce. We couldn't have done it without the support and encouragement from you guys and others on this forum.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102671

Rick, That's awesome I saw that and wondered if it was yours, congrats!!!!!

Bob

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102676

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Big time congratulations Rick, that's awesome!

Mark

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102677

Congrats!!!! wow what a head turner !!! and a cover shot, EXCELLENT . congrats again well done !!! madbohunk safe boating

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102682

A real beauty, and I'll bet she's a blast out on the water.

Re:DONE!! Restoration 1962 Buehler Turbocraft Jet 35 9 years 10 months ago #102684

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
That's what we've been waiting for Rick, a picture finally on the water. She's gorgeous, a classic boat worthy of being on the cover of any magazaine. Well deserved and a proud owner as well.

Eduardo

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7318 guests and no members online