• Page:

TOPIC: Performer Boats

Performer Boats 12 years 11 months ago #48057

• robeye
  • robeye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Very little info on these is out there. Lots of old ads but they are all from 1958 or 1959. Yet someone claims to have a 1967 ? what happened to those lost years... or could they be wrong about the age of the boat ? Mine looks just like the Seven Seas in the ads from 1959.. My hull number #951-0027 doesn't match any of the ones in the blue book document in the library. Is there anyone out there that knows anything about these seemingly rare boats ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check out what I\\\'m up to in the shop.... www.robeye.blog.com .. New blog www.robeye.net

Re:Performer Boats 12 years 11 months ago #48093

It appears as if Performer Boats were made by U.S. Fiber Glass Products, Inc. of Costa Mesa, CA. They started building boats about 1954. In 1958 they were located at 14720 Lakewood Blvd in Paramount, CA. Max Boral founded the company.

In 1959 a new $1 million dollar boat factory was built in the Rancho San Pedro industrial district. It looks as if Perfermer Boat Corp. was also established as a division of U.S. Fiber Glass Products, Inc. about that time period.

First quaretr sales for fiscal year 1960 were 91.3% higher than the same period in 1959. $79,557 was the sales figure for the 3 months.

There was a public sale of company stock in 1960 and 1961.

So, the firm was still operating in 1961.

I cannot find any information about Performer boats after 1961.

Max Boral was born 22 December 1908 in Austria and became a naturailzed US citizen on 14 December 1937 at Brooklyn, NY. He died on 27 September 1970 in Long Beach, CA. In 1959 had an eight year old son named Larry.

It may be very possible the company still made boats in 1967. Or it is very possible that the person with the alleged 1967 boat has incorrect information.

I hope this helps.

Andreas

Re:Performer Boats 12 years 11 months ago #48096

• robeye
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh yes that's a ton of info. Now I'm inclined to think that if they were still producing boats through the sixties than there should be more boats out there.. Check out the twin outboards on the 67 boat.. How old are they ?
Attachments:

Check out what I\\\'m up to in the shop.... www.robeye.blog.com .. New blog www.robeye.net

Re:Performer Boats 12 years 11 months ago #48111

Are those 1959 Evinrude Lark outboards???

Andreas

Re:Performer Boats 12 years 11 months ago #48114

• robeye
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Here's a link to the ad , with more photos...
www.boattrader.com/listing/1967-Custom-Seven-Seas-Performer-99971533

check it out.. I'm not an expert on old motors.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online