Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay

There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47848

there is a beautiful 56 lonestar with trailer(original)
has all the trim its a little hard to find though
its item #190588766272 it is in really good shape but
obviously needs restoration...if you like these as much as i then check it out
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47849

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
7500 just to restore it WOW!

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47851

Hey Meteor Man - are you the seller, trying to talk up the price? :unsure:

FYI - it was originally listed on EBay for $950.00 Buy It Now, then went to open bidding a day later after the seller figured out it was valuable, and it shot up to $7,500. I assume that's a tidy profit on a boat that's been sitting around in the yard for a few decades...

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47853

badgerboater et. al.,

and i thought that some of the RARE/old boats that i've owned at one time or other were UGLY!
am i terminally "old fashioned" or shouldn't boats at least LOOK "like a boat"?
(hoping NOT to hurt anyone's feelings.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47860

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder- I think those things are so ugly that they are pretty... Certainly an odd boat. I wish I'd have picked it up when it was $950, though ;)

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47864

Andgott,

fwiw, i know where something similar (the hull alone) is near SATX & it's for sale (at least as of 10/18) for the princely sum of fifty bucks.-interested?

yours,satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47866

Several years ago a Meteor sold on ebay for 12,500 from one picture of it sitting in a container in a wrecking yard. After a restoration of several years the owner turned down an offer of $25,000. If memory sevres me right the buyer was in California. After he restored it he paired it up with a 1957 red Chevy convertible.

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47869

If I had the cash, I would gladly pay that price. That boat right there is at the top of my list. And this one looks complete. It will go for over 10K I bet.
Andrew

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47876

The ebay item id given is invalid, no result has been sent

Hello, World!!

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47941

Like it or not, this is a growing hobby, and the number of highly desireable boats is very small. The days of picking up cheap unrestored boats like the Meteor, Falls flyer, Arena Barracuda, Herter's Flying Fish, Reinell Jetflite, Vali, etc. are pretty much finished. There are many new collectors that are aggressive and well financed. Keep in mind, that many of these collectors are cross overs from the classic hot rod arena. These folks are inclined to spend serious cash, when motivated by the "right" boat. As for making a profit - that's the name of the game & nothing wrong with it. If I find a boat for free, then turn around & sell it for 7 Grand, well, that's my business & right to do so.

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47949

it was never on ebay for 950.00

Re: thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47950

And just to be clear i am the seller - meteorman56-
this was stored inside for 15 years until 27 days ago..
not siting around a yard..

Re:There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47957

Hey Meteor,

First of all, I'm happy that you're going to make a few bucks on that great old boat. Anyone on this site would love to be in your position (although if we took a poll probably 75% would never sell that baby...).

However, I'm not the only person who saw that boat listed on Ebay for $950 initially. There is a thread over at bigfinboats.com that is having the same discussion, and the poster there commented about the $950 price as well.

Doesn't really matter to me, other than protecting what little integrity I still have left... :laugh:

Re:There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47959

I originally spotted this boat on KIJIJI Ontario and posted it here on a thread titled "I wish I could"
fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/2-main-forum/47291-i-wish-i-could.html
It was priced at $950.00 firm but shortly after the ad was modified to "call for info" and shortly after it was listed on ebay with a starting price of $1200.00 and deleted from KIJIJI
Al

Re:There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #47984

Holy crap....started at $950 on Canuck Craigslist version and within a week nearly 10 times that on E-bay.

Guess I shoulda thought about E-bay for the Custom Craft?

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re:There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #48103

• Fiddyninefins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I couldn't sleep all night after I saw this boat so I actually contacted this guy in Ontario Canada and he told me that he sold it for $2500 and the guy was coming tomorrow to pick it up. That was a week ago Friday. I can sleep now

Re:There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #48118

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Not on E-Bay any more? I wonder what happened? Did someone come along with an offer he couldn't refuse?

Re:There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #48120

It went for $10,650.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:There is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #48137

• Fiddyninefins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
WOW !!! I wonder why he told me it sold for $2500 ??? Maybe it has something to do with Canadian taxes - allegedly -- just kidding -

I have to get this boat out of my mind.

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #48160

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thats a pretty correct story, that boat belongs to Kevin Mueller and he pulls it with a red 57 Chevy convertable. As a mater of fact back in 04 he pulled it all the way to the Mount Dora Florida show from Rockford IlIl. behind that 57 rag top, Del and I were with him taking our boats al. Pics attached of Kev pulling to Florida with the Meteor covered and a few others from the tip. That year I think ther were more restored Meteor's in one place at one time than ever before or since! Also at the time we thought Kev was nuts not to take that $25K and run, but as it turns out, he made the right decision, that boat is a better investment and a safer investment that any place he could have the money today.
JAG

Re:thier is a 1956 meteor lonestar on ebay 12 years 11 months ago #48168

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Bruce Gerard wrote:

Like it or not, this is a growing hobby, and the number of highly desireable boats is very small. The days of picking up cheap unrestored boats like the Meteor, Falls flyer, Arena Barracuda, Herter's Flying Fish, Reinell Jetflite, Vali, etc. are pretty much finished. There are many new collectors that are aggressive and well financed. Keep in mind, that many of these collectors are cross overs from the classic hot rod arena. These folks are inclined to spend serious cash, when motivated by the "right" boat. As for making a profit - that's the name of the game & nothing wrong with it. If I find a boat for free, then turn around & sell it for 7 Grand, well, that's my business & right to do so.

I got my Falls Flyer for $35 in 1975. Now,unrestored fiberglass 'Flyers are selling for between 1 and 2 thousand.

I should add, $35 bought me a bright yellow fiberglass hull, some makeshift owner made seats, a broken windshield and an original steering wheel. Some volunteer trees growing in the rotting sludge at the bottom of the boat were also included.

However, it seems a guy can't get rid of a Thunderhawk including a motor and trailer for the reasonable price of $500. :laugh: (shameless sales plug. See Glassifides)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online