• Page:

TOPIC: Beef re covering

Beef re covering 12 years 11 months ago #47618

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have looked at two boats recently. One is in the original family and they want to see it restored and the other is someone who has done restorations. Both boats are sitting outside and neither has a tarp on it. They are still in deterioration mode. If you want to see a boat brought back the first thing you should do is to prevent it from getting any worse. Please, at least go buy yourself a blue tarp (green ones are much better) and cover it. They are not that expensive and could ultimately save you money. You have to stop going downhill before you can go uphill.

Nuff said. Off the soap box (actually milk crate) and back to the regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Beef re covering 12 years 11 months ago #47656

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah, it makes me mad sometimes, too... There was a boat I really wanted a few yrs ago sitting at a local marina, uncovered and half full of water... The tarp had disentigrated years ago, and transom drain was plugged, so it jus flooded. I'd go over and open the drain up whenever I was in the area. I even bought a tarp for it once and covered it!

The people that owned it wouldn't sell it, they were going to fix it "someday" . Someday never came, it rotted away to nothing, and was cut up & burned... Such s shame, too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online