Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources

Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47328

I inherited a Holiday boat, The nearest I can tell for the year it is a 1959 Holiday 110, figured through the library on this site. It has a Johnson super sea horse 35 mounted on it, not running. I am looking for resources to help me move forward with a resto. Are there any books that come highly recomended for restoring the glass hull and upholstry? I will post pics later, the glass itself seems to be quite solid and has been stored inside the majority of its life. Where should I look for parts/ replacement engine?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47331

Hi Rich,

Welcome to FiberGlassics, and the exclusive "Holiday Club". I found my Holiday, a 1960 model 110, a couple months ago, floating in a farmer's pond after 30 years in his barn, and have lived on this site ever since. I have found very little Holiday info on the internet, Craigslist, etc. These boats are rare, so we'll probably need to be creative with pieces and parts.

There are several restoration books out there, most often named is "Runabout Renovation" by Jim Anderson. I bought mine on Amazon. It's a good read, but honestly, the very best resource I've found by far is/are the various threads on this site. Spend a few hours reviewing the restoration threads that are posted, follow their steps and don't be afraid to ask for help or opinions. The guys on here are incredibly knowledgeable and willing to help.

Please post some photos.

Here is my Holiday...
Attachments:

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47332

Oh yeah, Welcome to the site. We LOVE pics.

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47347

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Yes, welcome aboard Rich. I have a copy of "Runabout Renovation" I'll let you have for the cost of sending it to you. Only stipulation = you have to do the same and pass it along to the next person that needs it when you're through with it. Send me an email (PrivateMessage) with your address and I'll respond with minimal shipping cost (USPS). ;)

Mark

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47361

here is a pic
Attachments:

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47362

and another
Attachments:

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47364

Cool boat...
I noticed you posted 2 seperate times to post 2 different pics...There is an easier way!!!!!After placing your post wait till its completely done then click EDIT and add another picture,,,,you can do this several times!!

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47366

Thanks! I figured there was something better, didn't find it in a hurry:)

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47371

Very nice - looks a lot like mine, except the fins are taller on mine, and I have 2 hood scoops instead of one. We'll have to exchange sources for rub rail and other parts as we find them.

Good to know there are other Holidays that survived!

Jon
Attachments:

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47452

Cool boat! If I find anything I'll be sure to let you know. I have been looking for a model and serial number plate on this and have not found one yet, is there on on yours?

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #47533

No, nothing at all on mine. Luckily in Wisconsin there aren't a lot of hoops to jump through to register a small boat without a plate. Just a bill of sale of some sort, and hand them your money...

Re:Inherited a Holiday boat, looking for resources 12 years 11 months ago #48697

Jon,

Do you have seats in yours? Mine does have the front seat frame/wood and enough of the original vinyl to recreate the front upholstry. the rear is completely gone. if you have pics of the seats i would like to see them. I would bet that the shape might be identical even if the pattern in the vinyl changed.

Rich

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online