TOPIC: CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B

CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 11 months ago #47302

• Split
  • Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
GANG. ONly 1/2 mile from our street, I spotted a late 70's Glastron
Metal Flake speedster called a CVX-16 Deluxe.. It has the rear long Grab Bars down to the transom steps.. Later on phone, guy says the smoke windscreen deflector in shed & spare speed (?) prop.
No battery. .Sort of needy neighborhood & must be a out of state reg that a relative had .(?) . Mentions running , Pumping cond & power trim & tilt.... Needs a good bath / wax & typical leaves swept out.. Noticed a front deck gas tank filler polished inlet.
Also the center groove has a recess / SCOOP , I heard it may be called " Nostril Nose ".

As always He called it a James Bond boat. . White trl needs paint.

Also had a late call on my true love being a Glasspar G-3 orig White / Black Center Deck 60 - 61 era , in poor cond via neighbor comment. . About 35 miles away , so will be a interesting weekend.
Again I am in East Tennessee area below Knoxville.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 11 months ago #47397

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I went back & talked to neighbor & got pics / info on the 1978 package Carlson CVX-16 here north of Chattanooga , Tenn.. It is just not my cup of tea, another wet floor & changed fishing seats.
. However at $ 400 there is lot of value for this Deluxe hull design.. Motor (running cond) ,new ign switch , with power trim & tilt seem clean.(extra Stainless prop )... Lower hull light Blue will wax up nice, Top metalflake need clear coat. Has the orig woood steering wheel . Indeed has the GAS TANK under dash.

. Trailer seem solid & need newer white paint.. Front brace tower , hole rot , goood winch , NO raise Jack. 13 " tires & seems like it could handle 14 inch . Five flip fishing seats could sell $ 50 - $ 60. ..........Shame the small windscreen is cracked, but really only a deflector. Do not see this on our local Craig L..
................... ..

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50016

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Hold on baby, Daddy's coming to get you! :laugh: TODAY!

Mark

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50020

really mark?? you go guy!!!nice looking setup,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50023

Boy if I didn't think the wife would shoot me, I'd be all over that one, love that hull line! You go MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50036

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm glad it worked out, Mark... The only question is- HOW did you convince the boss?? :)

-Andrew

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50042

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Andrew he told her he had a chance to spend a entire day with Mr Split...!! & at least a 20 % descount for being Out Of Season..!! The 1st pic,, we all know why TWO guys are smiling,,The day you buy it , the day you sell it..

. Greasing bearings, extra straps, air up tires...photo shoot along side the G-3 speedster we also found in drive by ,,neglected.

... Mark got a harness plug spliced in & even the trl light were working,, FUN day . Kept a extra ski jacket as souvenior.

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50048

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Well, I saw the boat, too- Mark stopped and met us for lunch on his way back...Sure, It's a bit of a project- But not too bad. Real score on the motor and controls, though...

Hopefully the journey back to Atlanta goes well!

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50072

• MarkS
Thanks for the kind words guys, the motor stays and the boat and trailer have to go. (Maybe) Home safe and sound, but it sure is COLD INSIDE my house (If you know what I mean)! I'll make it up to her somehow..... :P The E'rude 115 will be a great powerplant for the GT-150 project, I think the 63 Merc1000 is going in the Glassifieds as well as the CVX-16.

Larry, I appreciate the "hook up" and all your help getting her road ready for the trip. Great to finally meet you and Cheryl!

Andrew, always good to see you, thanks for lunch, and very nice to meet the Mrs.! JoAnn seems like a very nice lady. ;)

Mark

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50092

Mark,
Glad you went and got her buddy, that motor should be fun. Shame to see that hull and trailer go but if momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy! I know how that goes all too well. ;) That's a great hull though, can't hide her some where? :laugh:

Bob

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50109

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Good to hear that the trip went smoothly! I'm always a little nervous about long trips with an unknown trailer... Though you had it all rigged up right, for sure.

As for the wife- Since YOU got something shiny, you should have shown up with something shiny for her, too :)

-Andrew

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50184

• MarkS
Well the Carlson is now "stashed" in the backyard, under a tarp. (Even though the floor is gone and all the wood is rotted inside for sure, Todd's (thetudor) words kept ringing in my head; (the first step is to stop the deterioration process, cover it up!) :laugh: (Also helps keep it out of my wife's sight, and hopefully out of her mind.)

Pulled the Evinrude today, the mounting bolts came out with black mulch attached to the threads. I thought the water was running out of the mounting holes, but the splashwell drain was blocked by the motor's mounting bracket..... Made notes of all the wiring hook ups while disconnecting the harness and control cables (for future reference). And now she's tucked away on her stand in the garage.
Attachments:

Mark

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50197

Mark,

I think you have contracted Glastron fever. Nice score and looks like a great future project.

Hello, World!!

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50205

Mark,
Very nice. I guess you qualify for the Glastron Addict Monicure, or maybe Glastronaholic?!?!?! :woohoo:

Bob

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50328

• MarkS
"Glastrohaulic" = Guilty as charged guys, guilty as charged. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mark

Re:CVX- 16 DELUXE Sighting, MetalFlake, 115 H.P O/B 12 years 10 months ago #50498

Roger that, "Glastroholic" it is! :woohoo:

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online