Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: After Bellboy info

After Bellboy info 12 years 11 months ago #47008

G'day all, just purchased what i believe is a 1958 Bellboy Banshee. I am pulling it down at the moment so it can give it a fresh coat of paint, some new chrome and upholstery. This is my first boat, there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on these if anyone has or knows anything please feel free to drop me a line. I am also looking at fitting a Mercury Mark 78A to it, so if anyone has one out there they want to sell feel free to let me know.

Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:After Bellboy info 12 years 11 months ago #47039

Here is the page for Bellboy history and information. I met one of the pioneers of Bellboy (Art Nordtvedt) many years ago during a vintage boat meet in Washington State. He had a wealth of information to share. The Banshee is an attractive boat - a smart choice for restoration.

members.shaw.ca/timinvan/history.htm

www.classicboatclub.com/

Re:After Bellboy info 12 years 11 months ago #47042

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Cool fins and beautiful lines, how can you not love the Banshee !? Welcome aboard, 58.

Mark

Re:After Bellboy info 12 years 11 months ago #47044

• bhamrick
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice boat and great looking vintage shop it's sitting in front of ! Art started Bellboy in Bellingham Wash. and later started Uniflite Boats. He was one of the first to use Fiberglass in the production of boats. He is still going and still very sharp, really nice guy and loves to talk about boats. He also designed and built the River Patrol boats they used in Vietnam . I recently got a chance to visit with Art and he was gracious enough to sign a Bellboy Burgee for me. My next project is going to be a Banshee when I get the Larson done.
Attachments:

Re:After Bellboy info 12 years 3 months ago #62978

Hi,

I was wondering if you replaced the rubber trim/seal between the top & bottom half of your boat. If so, where did you find it?

Thanks

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:After Bellboy info 12 years 3 months ago #63100

I got my rubrail rubber from Great Lake Skipper.
GLS Stock# 1019404-4wad2

Tom
Attachments:

Re:After Bellboy info 11 years 8 months ago #73493

G'day, our boat is all but finished the only thing missing is the rub rail. I have tried the part number you posted but it doesnt seem to be there on Great lake skipper. If possible could i get your phone number and give you a call about this and a good time to call.

Thanks

Stuart.

Re:After Bellboy info 11 years 8 months ago #73496

Great Lake Skipper is a clearing house vendor. The rubrail info was posted 7months ago, it may have been in stock then, if it was purchased around the time the info was posted.

Posting a pix of the profile you need (if you saved a piece of the old) may help someone point you in a specific direction

GOOGLE:
Taco Marine
RubRail.com
WefcoRubber.com

They all carry rubrail, at least 1 would attempt to match a sample if you send them a sample of the rubrail you removed.

Or try googling rubrail, it will give you several options too.............

Re:After Bellboy info 11 years 8 months ago #73497

go to Wefco Rubber.

They probably were the OEM provider for the banshee rubrail rubber. They have the original dies to pultrude the actual original part. This is their specialty - and nobody does it better than them. I had them make up the rub rail for my Skagit many years ago. You can even have them do it in different colors of rubber.

www.wefcorubber.com/

Re:After Bellboy info 11 years 8 months ago #73701

I just keyed the item number at Great Lakes Skipper that i gave you with a couple of differences, and I found it there--
Try 1019404--4WAD2

There were two dashes on my invoice and the WAD was in caps.
Tom

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online