Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: transducer

transducer 12 years 11 months ago #46982

I have a late 60's Cruiser's Inc Bahama. It came with a RADARSONICS #231 50khx transom mounted transducer. Because I'm cheap and because I don't want to drill anymore holes in the transom, I'd like to keep it. Needless to say, the fishfinder is no longer in the boat.

Does anyone know what fishfinder or company used the RADARSONICS transducer...or conversely, can it be used with any fishfinder?

Sorry for my ignorance on this but I have no experience with using an existing fishfinder...I've always mounted the one that came with the fishfinder.

I do know that Radarsonics IS A general supplier of transducers and plan on contacting them if nobody here knows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:transducer 12 years 11 months ago #46983

Re:transducer 12 years 11 months ago #46999

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well any fishfinder you purchase is going to include a transducer that the cable end matches up with the finder.Highly unlikely that yours will work with another unit.IF it was me and I did not want to drill anymore holes I would use a metal plate as a adapter.Screw plate into old holes and use small bolts to mount transducer to plate.Might have to use washers as a spacer to get minimal clearance between trans and plate. Where there is a will there is a way.Or contact company as you stated.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:transducer 12 years 11 months ago #47014

The newer electronics are so much better than the old and any finder you buy will have a transducer with it. You may be surprised to find that the same holes can be used. I have a new color Garmin unit and it is so much better than the Old Eagle unit it is pathetic.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online