TOPIC: John Gibson, you're a good man

John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 1 day ago #46545

• Shipster
  • Shipster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
That's all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 22 hours ago #46550

wow thank you,i dont even know what i did,lol,but that is very much appreciated my friend,thank you,there are alot of great folks on fg including you sir,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 19 hours ago #46577

hmmm...seems like i've heard that before.
Attachments:

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 18 hours ago #46591

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Double that
Attachments:

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 18 hours ago #46593

Same here, and congrats on triple digit Karma!

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 14 hours ago #46642

Sounds like our next Member Spotlight to me.

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 14 hours ago #46644

gee i wish i knew what i did to deserve the comments,i really appreciate them guys,but im no different then all of you,you folks are my best friends,alot are even like family,i have been here since 2005,and have met the best folks i will ever have the pleasure of knowing.
i used to drink pretty heavy,and ride my bike hard,then i had my 1st heart attack out of 3,they thought on the 1st one that i was going to die,i came very close,i was even given last rites.
well that wakes a fella up after you realize you almost didnt make it ,it was then that i really realized that my only real friend was my wife,heck none of the fellas i drank with didnt even come to the hospital,and i still havent seen them.

then i quit drinking(now dont get me wrong,theres nothing wrong with drinking,i just couldnt stop at one).

well after i got out of the hospital i was kind of lost,my left side of my heart was damaged,and i had to sell my construction bussiness after the 2nd one,then i had the 3rd and was lifeflighted.

i cant do a whole lot anymore and i wasnt used to that,i used to have an old starcraft runabout and loved it,so i found a seaking cabin cruiser for 500 bucks and fixed it up,then i found fiberglassics and i have been here even since.

i guess what im trying to say is the people here helped me get through a very hard time in my life,i made REAL FRIENDS here,people that care not just about our really cool old boats ,but care about each other,folks that help each other out,if someone here needs advice or a part there is always someone to jump in and help,and the owners and moderators here are the best.

if it sounds like i need to get a life,i already did,you all keep me sane,lol,sorry about the long post from this old biker,but i guess what im trying to say is THANK YOU ALL, for being my friends,you all mean alot to me.

boy i sure can ramble on,sorry about that,and thanks again,now lets get back to old boats,loljohn

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 14 hours ago #46649

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Definatly a life changing event when you are flat on your back in a meat wagon with IV's pokin' in each arm, the third nitro under your tongue and people and emt's shouting at you to hang in there. Been there. Sold my bike many years ago after I got broadsided by an old guy backing out of his driveway. Still have a tottie on ocassion but not as hard as years ago. Life sure has a way of sneaking up on you from behind while it's carrying a sledge hammer. I don't think I would have bought the Herters if I didn't see your blue queen sitting on the trailer. An ispiration.
Your personna shows through in your posts John, something that you cannot hide.

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 13 hours ago #46662

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
John
Ramble on 'till the ink runs dry, we're listening.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 7 hours ago #46667

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
John G wrote

gee i wish i knew what i did to deserve the comments,i really appreciate them guys,but im no different then all of you,you folks are my best friends,alot are even like family

EXACTLY! It's not any one thing, or group of things, it's everything you do for everybody and your attitude in general, John. The positive spirit you approach each day with carries over into this place big time, and for this we are grateful. ;)

Mark

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 5 hours ago #46670

It is not for one to realize his worth through his own eye's. I too like drink. I too after a few didn't want to quit. I still will have one or two. But I leave the heavy drinking to those who do feel they need it. I know you have talents far superior to mine. I've seen your artistic work. I cannot even dream of matching it. I for one just don't have the patience. I do enjoy photography, boating and I want to get back hunting. Right now my dilemma is sitting and not doing anything. (healing surgery) I still love my picture taking. I took some wonderful pictures the other day in the woods with my wife. Sorry can't show them to you. These one are my eyes only. There is nothing wrong with still loving to see your wife pose even after 33 years of marriage. I just can't get enough of her. I enjoy macro photography too. Someday I will have a better camera. One thing I have found out last year when getting my truck ready for paint. I can't feel the small imperfections with my fingers like in the past. Sure the truck looks good in the pics. I took them from forgiving angles. You can see them in real life. All in all I'm damn glad I got to you John Gibson. I can truly say I know an artist.
Attachments:

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 13 years 1 hour ago #46698

Hey John I shared your link of the hobby horse on facebook. If you go look at my wall the man who responded by the name of Ron just happens that he is David Allen Coe's nephew. Small world.

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #46801

whats all this continued hype about this guy gibson.hehe.. he's just your ordinary country boy hounding this city boy to take one of his kidneys. its hard for me to talk about john without starting to cry. i LOVE the man. ron

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #46833

I wish there were more Johns around in this world!
I would be a better place!!! B)
Attachments:

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #46893

I do not know John, but he has made several very useful comments on some of my rambling posts. He even tried to give me a boat when I was looking for a new project. Very cool....

If there is a "Member of the month, or year", John gets my vote! Very cool guy!

Thanks John for ALL your input!!!!

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #46964

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #46965

elgindave wrote:

I wish there were more Johns around in this world!

There are at least 3 ways that could be interpreted.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #46966

I meant people like John
Gibson. :lol:

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #47017

He will be back soon so we will have to quit talking about him. :ohmy:

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #47072

geeze guys,im overwhelmed,we just got back from camping,and i have alot of catching up to do,lol.
i just cant thank you all for the great comments they touch me deeply,but you all are the ones with great hearts,and great knowledge about these old classics,i tip my hat to you all,my very best friends.
now lets get back to these old classics,and great friendships,john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #47098

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
We need to make this the LONGEST running thread ever. John is a true gentleman and has become a good friend through this site. I value his opinion on most anything boat related. A fountain of knowledge!!!

Re:John Gibson, you're a good man 12 years 11 months ago #47709

Mark S wrote
"EXACTLY! It's not any one thing, or group of things, it's everything you do for everybody and your attitude in general, John. The positive spirit you approach each day with carries over into this place big time, and for this we are grateful."

Mark I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A toast to John Gibson" The Man, The Craftsman, The legend!"

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.925 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online