• Page:

TOPIC: 69 Jetflight Value?

69 Jetflight Value? 13 years 6 days ago #45971

• Dayn
  • Dayn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I'm sure you guys get the what's my boat worth question all the time...sorry for this one.

Anyway it's a 69 Jetflight with matching 69 Merc 650 on a 90's ezloader. It looks like it's been painted once and the seats have been recovered once too. Over all it's in good usable condition. It would be a great/easy restoration which is something I neither have the time nor space for, or just enjoy as is.

I think you can see the pics on my profile but if not I can post some up.

Anyway a ballpark value would be great.

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dayn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:69 Jetflight Value? 13 years 6 days ago #46007

That jetflite looks to be in fairly good condition, with a new trailer I personaly would be comfortable paying around $1,500 US if the motor is in good running order. The one thing to watch out for is the floor. Glastron used a type of foam under the floor for floatation, that if it got wet it never dried out, and would rot the floor. Hope that helps :)

Re:69 Jetflight Value? 13 years 6 days ago #46029

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Two beautiful JetFlites in one thread! (I'm just a little prejudiced toward the Glastrons though, can you tell?) Without a survey of information it's hard to estimate a value, especially in this economy. The standard for a comeback to your question is "it's worth whatever somebody will give you for it", which sounds a little flip, I know. My uneducated guess would be that 68JF's figure would be a little conservative, but he's more in tune with what that model would bring probably. Nice boat at any rate, would love to see some more pics and hear more history on her. ;)

Mark

Re:69 Jetflight Value? 13 years 6 days ago #46033

• 65G3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I picked this 1970 up fo r 300.00 bucks about 7 years ago .. All original but worn
Attachments:

Re:69 Jetflight Value? 13 years 6 days ago #46034

• Ron G
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I just rebuilt my '69 but don't have any idea what a good price would be if I were to sell it.I have a lot of work in it and tried to keep it as original as I could.I bought it in '78 so she is an old friend.Good luck with yours whatever you do with it,more pics are always nice.Ron G
Attachments:

Re:69 Jetflight Value? 13 years 6 days ago #46049

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Two sources for boat pricing are KBB and NADA but they don't go back to the early years. When you sell ask yourself how much would YOU pay. Is it worth a $1000? $500?, is the motor a runner or will it need "fixing up" find your target buyer. Are you looking for someone to restore it or someone who just wants to take the family out tubing. Is the trailer in good road condition or are the tires checked and worn. All these things come into play. A savy buyer will try to talk you down no matter what price you put on it. A teenager who wants to go rodding for the day will probably put the money down without many questions. Clean it up, put a wax job on it, make sure it starts, offer a test run on the water, throw in a few life jackets, anchor, line, etc to sweeten the purchase. If a guy comes alone you can make an easy sale, if he has to ask the wife you lost a sale. Price it $100-$150 higher than what you really want to give yourself some wiggle room on negotiations. Have all the paperwork ready to sign, nothing hurts a sale more than giving the buyer time to think it over.
Actual value is a crap shoot. Start out at $1750 if it's you average old boat and if you don't get any interest come down some. See what's on CL or EBay for something close to what you have.
Just some tips.
Cal

Re:69 Jetflight Value? 13 years 3 days ago #46277

• Dayn
  • Dayn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks everyone for the tips. Reading your posts has definitely helped out!

Thanks again,

Dayn

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7427 guests and one member online