Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What model is my boat?!?!?!

What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #45958

I THINK I have a 1970 MFG. I know it's an MFG, the words are still on the side. No data plate, no Hull Identification Number... However, the pictures from the brochures don't match up with the bow (looks like a hood) that I have. I've had this boat for 6 years, and never knew what I had. I am trying to replace some parts on it and I don't even know what I own! Any help?!

Thanks, Scott

i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/Crowther86/2011-09-29122656.jpg

i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/Crowther86/2011-09-29122707.jpg

i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/Crowther86/2011-09-29120112.jpg

i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/Crowther86/2011-09-29120132.jpg
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #45973

it looks like a niagra ccustom, but like you said the front deck looks different.
what is the length of the center line?
that my help others to identify her.
man that is one massive spare tire !! :)
the interior looks a little uncomfortable :)

woosterken

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #46011

Woosterken,

wooster, MA?!?!?!? or Worcester? hahhahaha

So it could possibly be a Niagara??? It's just weird that the hood of this boat doesn't match up to anything on this website and nothing that I can search! Now when you say, measure the centerline, where does that start and end????

By the way, the tire is a 36" tall 12.50" wide military humvee tire that goes on my Jeep Cherokee that has full width Dana 60 front and Dana 70 rear axles.... absolutely unstoppable off-road. I'm not just saying that, ask NC4X4.com anyone want it? I'm not sure if that's ok to say on the forum..... If not, delete it! I am here for the boat!

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #46019

Man, I like those captain chairs.... :laugh: The boat bumper is a bit much don't ya think? ;) Just kidding..... The first thing I noticed is the bow light.... It looks aftermarket. I've seen the bow cleat before, but not on a MFG.
Also the lack of chocks on the bow leads me to believe someone did some work on this some time ago.
Most of the early MFGs had white deck fittings and I dont see any.
Another thing that I noticed, is the white rub rail insert. To my knowledge, Mfg used black on it's early models.

I couldn't tell from the photo, but do you have a center glove box in the dash?

If I had to guess I'd say it looks a lot like a 1964 Westfield

Have a look here.

forums.fiberglassics.com/mfg/60s.htm

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #46020

YES I DO!!! It has a lock on it too! It's a white glove box in the dash, and what I don't have is the fiberglass thing over the back near the motor to cover things like the battery and the gas tank....as I have seen in most of the 1970 MFG boats.... I will check that link right now! Thanks, OldBoater!!!

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #46021

Well...ok I looked and tried to find other pictures of someone else who had the 1964 Westfield.... the original seats were in it when I bought the boat...and I made the stupid mistake of taking them out and burning them.... they were rotten. but they were blue and white and faced front and back....so it would seat 4... the seats also folded out to make like a tanning bed. They weren't comfy, but functional. I will take more pictures when I get the big grill out of it and the massive tire and dining room chairs! hahahhaa

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #46022

Crow,
the center line measure from the very front of the blue part ,in front of the bow lite all the way to the back where the motor is

just to the top of the transom .

lol , no thats wooster ohio

woosterken

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #46023

Welcome to the Site, Nice...

Boat
Set of Kitchen Chairs...
Stainless BBQ Grill(?)
Spare 60 Tire for Jeep..
is that a Johnson Outboard..(chair Leg in the way)

Ok I feel for yea, what ever the boat is, fix it up, take some pictures along the way share um...get it wet..enjoy it.

Gonna spend some of my FarmVille Cash to buy you some Karma..you deserve it.

Welcome aboard..!

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #46045

Yes on the kitchen chairs....
Yes on the stainless BBQ grill.....
Yes on the spare tire (it's a 36" X 12.50" X 16.5")....
And Super yes on the awesome 35HP Johnson!

It seems everything on that boat to repair is $30.... Carb rebuild kit, Head gasket, steering cable, (marine grade fuel line uh hum...), everything is $30!!!

I will take measurements of the boat ASAP, and I will definitely get it back in great running condition! It's been sitting for 3 years because I lived in NC and just had no want to put the "Dirty Oar" in the fresh water..... Yes, that's it's name....

Any windshield ideas??? I have a huge crack in mine, I'd like to make it look good again.

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 6 days ago #46058

Crowther86 wrote:

YES I DO!!! It has a lock on it too! It's a white glove box in the dash, and what I don't have is the fiberglass thing over the back near the motor to cover things like the battery and the gas tank....as I have seen in most of the 1970 MFG boats.... I will check that link right now! Thanks, OldBoater!!!

Well now, if it has a glove box, is probably not a westfield
I'm leaning more towards it beening a Carefree

www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Mfgb62004.jpg

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 5 days ago #46155

Oldboater.... I still don't know. The windshield looks different, I don't have the hold in the back where the light goes... I think I had the original seats, and those weren't it. Unless they were an option. I will get it emptied out of the chairs and junk today and take a few more pictures of it..... bear with me, I just moved into a new house and I don't have the internet, so this is all being done on my phone.

Re:What model is my boat?!?!?! 13 years 4 days ago #46175

Crowther86 wrote:

Yes on the kitchen chairs....
Yes on the stainless BBQ grill.....
Yes on the spare tire (it's a 36" X 12.50" X 16.5")....
And Super yes on the awesome 35HP Johnson!

It seems everything on that boat to repair is $30.... Carb rebuild kit, Head gasket, steering cable, (marine grade fuel line uh hum...), everything is $30!!!

I will take measurements of the boat ASAP, and I will definitely get it back in great running condition! It's been sitting for 3 years because I lived in NC and just had no want to put the "Dirty Oar" in the fresh water..... Yes, that's it's name....

Any windshield ideas??? I have a huge crack in mine, I'd like to make it look good again.

If the windshield is in the 69" - 70" range (tip to tip) I have them, NOS in Buffalo...

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7307 guests and one member online