• Page:

TOPIC: Ahoy!

Ahoy! 13 years 1 week ago #45852

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since my last post, and what a crazy year it’s been.
After 2 years of preparing, this time last year we were ready to move to Brazil. When we contacted the movers for pick up they told us about new rules that just went into affect. About 30% of our stuff is no longer allowed by Brazil. We ended up buying a house here and will re-group and take another run at it. 2 months looking for a house, 6 months to close, 2 months cleaning then the move-in, re-packing stuff for Brazil, oh and my new neighbor has tried to have me arrested twice.

It’s starting to cool down and my mind is turning to the boats. The off topic King Cat is getting a trans rebuild. The Manta Ray is still wrapped for shipping, will be unwrapped soon. I’ve been going thru all the pics getting my head where it was a year ago. I picked up a set of bucket seats last week. The backs were ruff but the guy threw in an set that are very nice.
Last fall I found this back seat/arm rest/rear deck combo that was in very good condition.

The front seats were the same but the mounts & tracks were rusted out. They were cheap so I got them also…use the best parts and sell extras when I’m done. I need to get the things situated in the yard so I can un-wrap and start working on it again. Waiting on permits now to keep the neighbors & city off my back. Once I can get started it should go quick. Just need a few parts (new) to buy and have a couple vintage boat parts I would like but not needed.

The back seat pics are not posting will resize.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 1 week ago #45855

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Well how 'bout that, welcome back CAT*FIN*k !!! I was just thinking about you the other day, running through some old posts looking for info. I was beginning to think you got lost down there. Good to hear from you again, waiting to see you get set up and down to business there. ;)

Mark

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 1 week ago #45864

So are you now in Brazil? I'm confused (not unusual...)

Frank

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 1 week ago #45867

was wondering how the mantaray turned out. thought you might have sold it. good to hear she's still with you. ron
frank, he's still in the good ole USA.

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 1 week ago #45922

Cat,
Good to hear from you again. I too was wondering how the move went, now we know. Sorry it didn't work out the first time but if at first you don't succeed, try try again. right!? Can't wait to see progress on your boats.

Bob

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46281

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanx guys! Been fightin' city hall all week, they denied my permits.

Hi Mark, I have been trying to look up some threads I saved for ref, but they don't work now. Did ya figure out the cracks on your Glastron?

Yea Frank still in the US, I'm confused also LOL

Hi Ron, yep still got her. Hows your MR doin, how did the cupped prop work out?

Well Bob the move went well, just much shorter than expected. We found a nice house here, just the neighbors are nuts. We hope to take a run at Brazil this winter, my wife is there now. A pic of our new back yard.

Try the back seats again
hummm no go
Attachments:

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46282

cat, was only out once in july, and the lake was to choppy. took the boat out in 10 min. was going to run her yesterday but the lake was flooded. maybe next saturday. ron

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46289

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like a great back yard, especially just through the gate! Man, I'd give almost anything to be able to park the boat (in the water) at the edge of my yard. :kiss:

Did ya figure out the cracks on your Glastron?

They must have been from jumping that big wake (one of my many"bonehead" moments), she landed awfully hard. I've been keeping a close eye on them and they haven't gotten any worse all season. I've got a Glastron GT 150 project I'm working on now (in the 70's section), then the Starflite gets a "makeover", if I live that long. LOL

Mark

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46295

• OFFSHORE GINGER
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46296

• OFFSHORE GINGER
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey guy not to be rude but ......that pool l@@ks a little under the weather........

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46297

• OFFSHORE GINGER
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46298

• OFFSHORE GINGER
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey guy , those last pic's where taken the day before closing , and now ....

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46307

since we're showing off pools...
Attachments:

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46325

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Silly me, thinkin' bout boats here. I have to admit I tought it would be cool to put my boat in a pool just to take some pics. My wife has most of the house pics on her pc in Brazil. That's the only canal pic I have. Its a low quality cell phone pic taken last December late in the day on our 2nd visit to the house. It was cold that day, upper 60's. It's really a jacuzzi, there's a bench and jets around the edge and only about 3' deep. It's not bright blue because the bottom is off-white starbrite with light blue fleck and its in the shadows. I want to switch to salt water and use as a bait tank, but the wife said no. Nice pools guys, just other day on the water. Any glassic pool floaties out there? LOL

Speaking of boats, there's a public ramp a couple blocks away. Downtown has rest/bars with boat slips. Downside is all the canals are no wake, until you get closer to the ocean then it's 25mph, about 45min to the ocean.

Mark you have good taste in Glastrons. I always thought of the GT150 is a classic in form and function, I had a GT160. I've drooled over this 1960 Starflite pic, from CGOA

Ron, 10 min a summer is unsat. With all the rain I hear you got up north I figured you be out street racin'. Hope you can get some water time before the snow flies invade.
Attachments:

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46345

• OFFSHORE GINGER
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice looker ,and i think this past summer was one of the best for the pool. Funny thing is that most people do not understand just how much work owning a pool can be .

Re:Ahoy! 13 years 3 days ago #46346

welcome back cat,its nice to see ya here,got any pics of your manta ray?,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47103

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Good to be back John. I've been wondering what you've got in the works. I think I saw a post you have a Herters Flying Fish? No new pics of the MR, still have not even been able to unpack my tools. I'm chomppin' at the bit to get started again.

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47104

This is my pool.
Attachments:

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47285

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
robert-lorigan wrote:

This is my pool.

I'm diggin that!

Well...major setback on getting started on the MR. The city denied my 2nd application for a shed permit. Now I need to figure out what to do with everything. I don't know how they expect me to take care of the house, yard, 2 cars and 2 boats with no tools or storage. I'm going to have to hire someone to mow the cities grass in front of my house now. The shed was built in 2006 by the previous owner. Code had been to the property 5 times after it was built for complaints, but never sited the shed. They decided to site me the day after we moved in.

It gets even better, they denied my dock repairs. We checked with the city prior to starting and were told we did not need a permit for dock repairs. They say I'm not allowed to have a dock now. The city only sited me and not the new dock next door, completed the day before. There go the boats and over 100K in property value, but I still have to pay the taxes as if I had a dock.

It's seems like this house has its own set of codes. I'm just asking for the same that my neighbors are allowed. Heck the neighbor just east of me has a shed on my proprty and thats ok. This is the same neighbor that flew into town just to have me arrested. First she claimed I stloe her illegal dock. The next day it was for exteror lighting, installed and permitted in 1991. Code inforcement is still demanding I tear out the soffets and lighting and apply for a roofing, structure and electrical permit.

The code inspector behind this is the same one that signed off for the city, stating no permit problems with the house.

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47296

man....where the hell are you living?

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47306

Are you in
BFE? Sounds like a real CF to me.
Keep them on there toes. :ohmy:

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47321

cat,yeah 1 1959 flying fish,a 1959 cutter jet de ville,a 1963 custom craft devil ray,a 14 fot 1959? that i dont know what it is,lol,and also eds 1959 cutter avon hard top.
and heck i live in bfe,9 acres in the country,no codes,and permits are 15 bucks,in my township,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47324

Land of the FREE. Me thinks I'd be making lots of noise or move.

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47583

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
vuyosevich wrote:

man....where the hell are you living?

Ft. Lauderdale :angry:

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47586

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
john_gibson wrote:

cat,yeah 1 1959 flying fish,a 1959 cutter jet de ville,a 1963 custom craft devil ray,a 14 fot 1959? that i dont know what it is,lol,and also eds 1959 cutter avon hard top.
and heck i live in bfe,9 acres in the country,no codes,and permits are 15 bucks,in my township,john

You've got quit the stable there. I grew up with a Herters catiloge in the house, went to the store a couple times. Still have my hunting bow & some fishing reels. They had some good stuff. Space is a big reason why we tried so hard to get the MI property. They're hittin' us with $400-$800 after fact permit fees :S I met with the inspector & cop last Friday and things are looking better, I had a lawyer with me. Next week we meet with zoning.

Re:Ahoy! 12 years 11 months ago #47587

• CAT*FIN*k
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
robert-lorigan wrote:

Land of the FREE. Me thinks I'd be making lots of noise or move.

FREE to do exactly as your told. They all know me now when I get there. I gotta keep my cool, they recorded the many phone calls my neighbor made, they know shes a lunatic but she has a friend somewhere.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online