Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis.

1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 1 week ago #45671

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 1 week ago #45803

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The CL Add is in Milwaukee but the Location is my Home town .I got enought boats for now and Neils gotta show me another cool one in town ..L.O.L..

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 1 week ago #45804

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Have you been out with the new little hotrod disgusting the fisherman Larry?
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 1 week ago #45809

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neil wrote:

Have you been out with the new little hotrod disgusting the fisherman Larry?
Neil

Well I took her out with the 500 on it and just ass I was getting it dialed in to trim out nice the Motor seized ..Least I thought it did .You could turn it a little but could here like a ring dragging the cylinder .Funny thing was I pulled the Lower unit to save and it was in the Lower something had broke .With out it on The Merc fires up and runs Tip Top .Need a shorty Lower . I was gonna put on a 650 but decided not to ..Hows your Kolber Coming ?? Larry .. P.S. Ya know almost a year has gone by since I got the Delmar from you .. Time sure does Fly ..

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 1 week ago #45810

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Larry
I put the Kober on the back burner. I have been cleaning on the Tollycraft off and on. Been busy with the changing seasons. I took the Sunset with the 1350 out for the last time this last weekend. I wanted to run my 2 bladed brass 19 and see what she would do. There is no cup and it wants to cav. in the corners and slips pretty good until on plane but then goes like a rocket. It is not enough prop though, I can wind it clear out the top. I ended up playing in my buddies wake and I spun the hub so in the middle of the lake I put back on the 21 three blade and finished the day. Next season I want to put the 1350 on the Kober and get rid of the Sunset. Variety is the spice they say. I was looking at a 1976 1750 V6 to put on the Sunset, but I don't think I will pop on that one.
Mary and I are taking the Sabrecraft up to Couer D' Alene lake in two weeks. Old reliable. We have rented a house on the lake for two days. I put a 24 gallon tank in the bow and I can run for 33 days on one tank now. Our little four banger I/O gas guzzler.
Gonna go sight seeing.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 1 week ago #45899

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
what would soemthing like this be really worth? 1200 price tag seems a bit steep?

anyone give me a quick history lesson on this model? never seen one before?

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 1 week ago #45938

GW made them for years, one of their most popular models. They still make clones/copies. If its in the condition it looks, then its worth at least what they are asking. Thats assuming the motor runs etc. They are fun little boats, I drove a clone a few years back with a 35hp on it. At 25mph it felt like you were doing 100.

If I wasnt already selling the G3 to buy a pontoon for the wife, I would jump all over it.

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 6 days ago #45952

i know where there is a gw invader here in western pa,the fella said to make him an offer,if anyone wants contact info let me know,its sitting in the back of a boat repair shop,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 6 days ago #45964

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neil wrote:

Larry
I put the Kober on the back burner. I have been cleaning on the Tollycraft off and on. Been busy with the changing seasons. I took the Sunset with the 1350 out for the last time this last weekend. I wanted to run my 2 bladed brass 19 and see what she would do. There is no cup and it wants to cav. in the corners and slips pretty good until on plane but then goes like a rocket. It is not enough prop though, I can wind it clear out the top. I ended up playing in my buddies wake and I spun the hub so in the middle of the lake I put back on the 21 three blade and finished the day. Next season I want to put the 1350 on the Kober and get rid of the Sunset. Variety is the spice they say. I was looking at a 1976 1750 V6 to put on the Sunset, but I don't think I will pop on that one.
Mary and I are taking the Sabrecraft up to Couer D' Alene lake in two weeks. Old reliable. We have rented a house on the lake for two days. I put a 24 gallon tank in the bow and I can run for 33 days on one tank now. Our little four banger I/O gas guzzler.
Gonna go sight seeing.
Neil

Im looking forward to seeing your Kolber in the water .Changeing a prop in the middle of the lake . Ive done that and it isnt much fun .Scared I was gonna drop my tools in and be stuck ..Two days sight seeing on a lake with your sweet heart ... Sounds awful Neil ...L.O.L..Your a Blessed man Neil . A good family , plenty of boats and a Shop full of Mercs ..I was trying to get the Delmar in the water but life got in the way .When I built my shop I back filled in a bunch where my land dropped off about 5 foot . The Wife yelped about cutting to many trees down so the shop ended up closer to the edge than I wanted .After some good rains up here it started to wash the bank out .Any closer would have undermeaded my slab . Well the Wifes gone and the trees are now. ..L.O.L...My Son had access to a New Holland Skid steer so he dropped it off for me and I got a deal on 15 Quad Axle dumps of fill. 250 yards of dirt is alot of pushing with a 1/2 yard bucket ..I now got the shop back filled and a new parking Area ..Now its fire wood cutting time ..Delmar is on Hold till winter I guess .. You have Fun .. Take care Larry

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 6 days ago #45965

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
P.S. If anybody wants that GW and wants to take care of the Owner I could go get it and let it sit here for ya till you can find time to come get it .. Larry

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 6 days ago #45977

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
On that "steering needs fixing", I wonder if its a froze up swivel on the motor, and that could be a a real PITA. Just a thought anyone interested

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 6 days ago #45990

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
With the offer from Larry for temp. storage, this may belong to some one here shortly. Some one give this guy a call and get some info to share here.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 6 days ago #46001

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
being a 2 seater , what kind of HP can this handle?
not something I'm hunting for just curious.

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:1965 GW Invader/50 hp Merc in Wis. 13 years 6 days ago #46003

they were intended for 35hp's but typically people rig them with 50's.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7353 guests and one member online