Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally!

Finally! 13 years 1 week ago #45483

Got the boat out today, a bit cool for the little woman (only 72), but muggy. I went in a t-shirt and shorts. We had a fairly full 6 gallon gas tank, and that took us from the Bethlehem boat launch to the I-90 bridge and back. Still some debris in the Hudson, but not too bad, and mostly just around the City of Albany. Ran the gas out of the motor when we got back to the launch don't know if we'll be back out again. Got a couple nice compliments, which helps!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Finally! 13 years 1 week ago #45487

Good for you Frank, I'm jealous!!!!!!!!!!! It's basically rained for a week straight. Daughter came home this weekend too, I was hoping to take her out and let her drive it but alas, it was not to be. I did get some work done on the Fat Fifty but I have an e-mail in to Bruce Gerard. Something didn't sound right when i got done s I want to clear it up first before I make the post. Stay tuned.

Bob

Re:Finally! 13 years 1 week ago #45490

Well, we had the wettest August ever Bob, then Irene, then Lee, and it hasn't stopped dribbling much. The Hudson has been loaded with all sorts of storm debris. We saw a lot of it today, up high on upstream ends of bridge abutments and the like. The Hudson has been continually like a chocolate chunky soup the past few months, so we haven't been out but once. That time was maybe 6 weeks ago, and we came right back in because the water was so crummy. Kind of a crummy season for us. Here my buddies in Texas can't get to the lake, they're so low, and we have just the opposite problem. Neither extreme makes for fun boating, though we did enjoy ourselves today.

Good luck with the Fat Fifty

Frank

Re:Finally! 13 years 1 week ago #45492

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Frank when you started out with Bethlehem and the I-90 I thought you were in Buffalo..I was all set to go out for the final voyage of the season when I got a call from Tom K.Invited me over to watch the Bills beat the Patriots.He lives on the Niagara river with a few boats in his front "yard". Took a look at a couple CC's on land and then looked out in the water.BINGO a beautiful 22'Donzi with 150 hours on her.Halftime was awesome out on the river.80 and sunny out,well at 58 mph my eyes were watering and my skin was starting to flap around,goggles are needed.Top speed is around 65.Missed the 3rd quarter and some of the 4th but it was worth it as most of the action was on the water.Oh yeah,I will take the final ride next weekend which should be about 55 degrees,quite a contrast but the Tower will pick up a couple hundred RPM's with it being cooler and the air less dense.Should be the fastest ride of the year!

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Finally! 13 years 1 week ago #45498

Is there a Bethlehem out Buffalo way too John? Must be...

We may still be out for some fall color rides, as long as the boat launches around here stay open that long.

Gonna see you in a couple weeks with a CC. Email me your address when you can. I figure it will be Saturday on Columbus Day weekend around noon or so.

Frank

Re:Finally! 13 years 1 week ago #45507

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Bethlehem Steel which employed something like 20,000 people in the late 50's early 60's.Sits at the south end of the Buffalo harbor.Pretty much all torn down now and is the home of 6-8 windmills.That plants demise took 1/2 of the city population with it.It was the Domino effect 101.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Finally! 13 years 1 week ago #45564

• tey1967
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Nice trip. Hope I can get out one more time this year so I can run the motor dry too.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6257 guests and one member online