Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: cartoon lovelies????

cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44558

friends,

what happened to the "cartoon ladies" in sailor suits that used to be on FG? - i miss seeing them.

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44601

Somebody probly thought it was sexis
Mike aka the pirate

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44603

Mike,

you just may be right about that.

when "wee willie klintoon" was POTUS, i was the provost marshal of an army post in VA & we received a memo from the DoD (on order of the WH) that we were to stop GIs from putting "pin-ups" of women in their wall-lockers, as such pictures were "sexist" & "demeaning to women".
(this was "somewhat amusing" in that i had an autographed, near life-size, picture of ANN MARGARET on my BOQ wall.)

my provost sergeant at that time was a female E-8 & she asked me if pin-up pictures of scantily-clad MEN was OK and/or if our female MPs were exempt from the directive. - i forwarded that question up, through command channels, & "the word" came back down that pin-ups of men were PERFECTLY OK!

note: the more i learn about narrow-minded fools, "PC nitwits" & LIBs the better i like scorpions, poisonous snakes & worms.

sincerely, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44679

I took a pic of my wife with bare shoulders. It was a portrait. Many people thought she was naked. Why I don't know. Does bare shoulders and a head portrait mean the lady is naked?. No she was not. But I like it and have it on my wall at home. I love my wife and proudly post it.
Attachments:

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44733

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
i'am a auto mech, and have been for the last 40 years. and every year i looked forward to the new snapon calender, because of the models. they had a complaint from someone and now all they have are cars. :angry: frog,

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44735

As i am reading this im looking at a cartoon girl under club store...it says advertise here....i believe this is an old school original you speak of!
If you dont see it right away wait for it to scroll.
Attachments:

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44736

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
robert-lorigan wrote:

I love my wife and proudly post it.

As you should,Robert. Your wife is a fine looking lady.jim

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44741

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
satx78247 wrote:

Mike,

note: the more i learn about narrow-minded fools, "PC nitwits" & LIBs the better i like scorpions, poisonous snakes & worms.

sincerely, satx

I shouldnt but here goes . I could be considered a LIB . I have no problem with a Good looking Ladys picture hung in a Locker .I would say they should have atleast enought clothing on to be able to walk on a Public beach with .If the Higher Power of your choice Didnt want us to look at Females Why did he or she make them so Darn Pretty ?? ...L.O.L...Should you have like Hustler Center folds displayed in public property ?? No ..A beautiful Woman is a piece of Art work .
But I do hate hypocrisy . Like when Certain Cultural Warriors get on TV and talk about how demeaning a certain video or picture is . But all the while he is talking the Picture is displayed behind him or the Video is running over and over ..Rateings ?? The same Warrior even had a Law Suit against him Due to his sexual behavior . So its got nothing to do with LIBs or Cons ..Those PC Nit Wits , Yes they be crazy ..But they come in both flavors ..

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44750

bobo,

fwiw, in well over 28 years of military service i've NEVER known e-en one political moderate or conservative to "run to the IG" to complain about pictures of women being "sexist", "sexually sterotypical", "demeaning" or anything else of that sort.
otoh, i've had MANY complaints, while a PM or deputy IG, from "ACLU types","Code Pink" members, "DU activists" and other "left of center" complainers. otoh, perhaps i was just "unlucky".

in the case of my autographed picture of Ann Margaret (that WAS reported to our post CDR as "inappropriate & demeaning to women"), she was was photographed in a sweater, skirt & heels, which would not have been "out of place" at most any church service.
(in case you don't know, Ann Margaret was/IS "very special" to RVN-era vets "of a certain age". - she calls us: " My guys".)

just my opinion, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44791

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
satx78247 wrote:

bobo,

fwiw, in well over 28 years of military service i've NEVER known enen one political moderate or conservative to "run to the IG" to complain about pictures of women being "sexist", "sexually sterotypical", "demeaning" or anything else of that sort.
otoh, i've had MANY complaints, while a PM or deputy IG, from "ACLU types","Code Pink" members, "DU activists" and other "left of center" complainers. otoh, perhaps i was just "unlucky".

in the case of my autographed picture of Ann Margaret (that WAS reported to our post CDR as "inappropriate & demeaning to women"), she was was photographed in a sweater, skirt & heels, which would not have been "out of place" at most any church service.
(in case you don't know, Ann Margaret was/IS "very special" to RVN=era vets "of a certain age". - she calls us: " My guys".)

just my opinion, satx

I appreiate your service to our country . And nobody in there right mind should have complained about Ann .Very special beautiful Lady .A Moral Builder for sure .If your in a World of Crap sure is nice to see a Flower .I believe most People are in the Middle and the extremist on both sides are playing Tug of War with us .Ild just like to be left alone and Let People be people .You cant legislate Morality .I wish ALL politiains would be relected by thier acomplishments they did while in office and NOT by pointing the finger at the other guy and say He is a Scum Bag because he did this or that ..We hired them to do a Job and neither side is .Mean while the Country is takeing a Dump .I hate Politics .Lets get back to boats ..Maybe we should all take them out for a ride some afternoon .Maybe they would realize that they arent that far apart .

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44795

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Some of them moved over to my always in progress web page-

www.agott.com/glassboat/

They said that the water was warmer over there :)

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44805

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

They said that the water was warmer over there

A little birdie told me they like all the "glassic sitings" over there lately too, Andrew! NICE ;)

Mark

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44808

Well I wasn't going to say anything either but I must admit, it's nice being retired from the Navy because I don't have to be as PC as I had to. I'm just so sick of the whiners because things aren't how THEY want it to be and what they want is what everyone should want, if you know what I mean. Enough said.

Bob

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44811

Warerwings,

EXACTLY SO!

what burns me is that "the whiners, whimperers & complainers" of the "lunatic left" want THEIR say/way & further try to assure that NOBODY else has their own right to free speech.
(as i'm now retired, they will have GREAT difficulty muzzling me.)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44828

Awww, cant't we just have them put back and if you don't like them, don't look at them. nuff said!

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44834

All through history , if you wanted to get a guys attention you always put a lovely lady in the picture. I guess if you find women offensive it could be a personal problem. Sex sells.

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44842

I proudly carry this "hottie" as "nose art"
Attachments:

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44849

unclbuz,

nose art is back on air force planes. - i'd guess that in wartime that the "PC nitwits" have, at least overseas, little influence and/or "the bigshots" don't have time to listen to their complaints.

otoh, it could only be that the nitwits are NOT where the shooting is, so they don't have to SEE anything that is "offensive", "demeaning" or "sexually stereotypical".
(rotflmRao!)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:cartoon lovelies???? 13 years 2 weeks ago #44933

Andrew, Great site don't change anything.

Skip, I'm with you, don't like it don't look!

Unclbuz, great nose art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6417 guests and one member online