Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What have I got?

What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44161

I know it's a Cruisers Inc....it says so on the logo. 19' at longest point. It has a Volvo Penta V6 432 GL engine which I know is not stock and it has a Chrysler (Volvo Penta) 280 outdrive. It looks like the 1522 Bimini except longer and with an inboard. I'm going to pick it up this weekend so I don't yet have a serial number. Anybody know what this is or what year?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44227

Serial number is crucial to help determine year. Is there a builder's plate with model listed?

If she is 1973 or newer she should have the US Coast Guard format hull ID on the outside of the transom.

She looks like the 18'-8" Crusader model 19321 which was introduced for the 1969 model year. Cream hull and deck colour. MerCruiser and OMC outdrives were offered that year. In 1970 this model was offered in "Moss Green" hull colour and deck (avocado green). Agian, they only list MerCruiser and OMC outdrives available.

I do not have 1971, 1972, 1973 brochures for Cruisers, Inc.

Crusers is still very much in business, called Cruisers Yachts these days.

Andreas

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44229

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
aren't they another Genmar Co at this point?? I only go up to 1967 but it looks like either the Caribbean or the Bahama
Attachments:

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44238

Looks like you nailed that one g3jim!!

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44257

Yes, I think that's it! Amazing! Thanks for your help. When I get her home, I'll post more info and pics. I have included a picture of the engine and outdrive, such as they are.
Attachments:

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44258

g3Jim, any way you could email me a better copy of that brochure? I can't read the fine print. My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44260

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Oh man could use that Volvo 280 shift linkage cover lol, mine got knocked off our bayliner by a log in the hudson durring these last few storms. Any one have one cheap they want to part with Mesage me. Thanks

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44264

I've seen them on ebay quite often.

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44267

She should be an interesting project. I have another larger hull Fiberform Baja cabin cruiser that I have restored, but this will be a fun lake project. I picked it up with trailer and supposedly rebuilt engine for $500. So can't go too wrong.
Attachments:

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44269

dslater,did you left click on the picture of the brochure?if you do it makes it big enough to read,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:What have I got? 13 years 3 weeks ago #44292

Cruisers, Inc. and successors were NEVER part of Genmar. Mirro Aluminum bought them in 1972 and then became part of Mirro Marine Divison. About 1982 Mirro divested itself of the boat operations and it became Cruisers, Inc. again. It has been a division of KCS International for the past few years. KCS = K.C. Stock of Stock Lumber.

Brochures for Cruisers, Inc. up to 1967 (NO 1966 brochures have been uncovered yet) are available for purchase on a CD-ROM at www.wcha.org . It's on the Thompson Boat CD.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6043 guests and no members online