Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How about a So. California Trailer Boating Club!

How about a So. California Trailer Boating Club! 13 years 3 weeks ago #44041

• John3
  • John3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Back in the mid 70’s and early 80’s I belonged to the “Valley Ho” Squadron of the United States Power Squadrons. We had a Group who were all Trailer Boaters and members of the USPS. The Group came from many Southern California based Squadrons.
We had about 8 or 10 overnight, Trailer Boat Cruises a year from a weekend to a week long per Cruise: Lake Powell, Lake Mead, San Diego, Catalina, Sacramento River Delta, Lake Havasu, Lake Mohave, Channel Islands. If we could get our boats there we went. Powell was so popular we had to break the cruise up into groups of 5 or 6 boats so we wouldn’t have traffic jams in the side canyons.
The Cruises were almost all overnighters with most of us sleeping on our boats, either in a Marina (Catalina, San Diego, etc.) or tied to a tree (the Delta, Colorado River Lakes) some brought tents and slept ashore. We usually had a BBQ on a beach. We all looked forward to the Cruises as great opportunities to enjoy our boats while getting together with good friends. My late Wife and I had to drop out when health problems made it impossible to participate. About 3 years ago my Wife Claire & I began using my boat and started cruising again. I’ve tried to locate the old group or a similar new one without success.
Soooo-, it occurred to me that if others have similar Trailer Boat Cruising interests, I’d like to get a Trailer Boating Group (Club) together with the purpose of having several planned overnight Cruises each year.
In July Claire & I joined the Northwest Cruising Club in Washington State so we could go on one of their Puget Sound Cruises. We enjoyed the fellowship, they shared their knowledge of the area and our Cruise was much better than if the two of us went there alone. However, a 2200 mile round trip makes it hard to do on a regular basis.
Therefore, if you have an interest in forming and participating in such a Group please email me with your Name, brief Boat description, Cruising interests, City, State. I’ll get you email address from your reply.
John Romano and Claire Brassine
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Boat: 23 foot Dorsett Cabin Cruiser
Interests: Overnight Trailer Boat Cruises in California, the Delta and Colorado River including Lake Powell
Residence: Chatsworth, CA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6054 guests and no members online