Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking to find info or location of boat..

Looking to find info or location of boat.. 13 years 4 weeks ago #43867

hello all i have begun the search for my grandfathers boat, grandma can't remeber the make thinks shes a 1953, this picture is from 1958. was red and white and had T-BIRD across the transom, now for the facts i know left the family in 1966,last seen around austin texas painted dark blue with blue interior. Family is looking for the pictures of it in its blue/blue colors and its name when last seen. boat may have made it back to central or northern california.

I know its slim info but its all i got and something is telling me i can find T-Bird and bring her home..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Looking to find info or location of boat.. 13 years 3 weeks ago #43872

Wonder if the registration numbers on the boat are still the same. Might check DMV and see if its currently registered somewhere.
Good Luck

Re:Looking to find info or location of boat.. 13 years 3 weeks ago #43898

Your Profile shows that you live in Oregon - is that right? Where about?

I live in Redding - near Lake Shasta. Do you know what the construction of the boat was? It appears to be a wood boat - it could even have been a kit from a company like Glen L marine. It was a nice looking boat - double cockpits...

Where was the boat used the most? If it was around Redding - My dad or friends dad may have known your Grandfather - they were avid boaters on Shasta in the 50s. My grandfather had a Chriscraft 25, and my friend's dad had a couple Glen L's with Mercury Flathead V8s in them. They were the fastest boats on the lake.

Bruce

Redding CA

Re:Looking to find info or location of boat.. 13 years 3 weeks ago #43958

Hello I am located in burns oregon,
the boat was mostly used on oakdale resivor, lake tulloch, and lake tahoe, my grandfathers name was wayne rosendaal also went by TW, Or rosie, and boated mostly with dale coleclaw.

thanks
damen

Re:Looking to find info or location of boat.. 13 years 2 weeks ago #44953

Damen,
It looks like a Garform, the 1953 date would work. Was it an open utility or a decked-over runabout?

Lee Wangstad

Re:Looking to find info or location of boat.. 11 years 4 months ago #78301

it is a decked over runabout. buick powered when granddad had it. I would just love to find out if it is still around. and who owns her now.

Re:Looking to find info or location of boat.. 11 years 4 months ago #78323

cowboy181d; ALL,

To Cowboy: GOOD LUCK on your hunt & WELCOME ABOARD.
(I'd like to find my grandfather's 20ft CYPRESS & WHITE OAK work-skiff, that was built on Caddo Lake (TX) for him to commercial trotline out of in the 1930s.- As best as I can remember, it had a 4-cylinder Johnson OB motor in the early 1950s, when I was a shirt-tail kid in Northeast TX. - The skiff was made out of 5 or 6 20ft plus long/WIDE boards that were cut/milled ON Caddo's shore.)

To ALL: BTW, my great-uncle, OLLIE N. PARKER of Grove, IT (He was a well-known blacksmith & "tinkerer" in Indian Territory and in 1903, hand-built a REPLICA of a Tulsa customer's 1903 Curved-dash Oldsmobile.) built the first known INBOARD commercial fishing-boat in 1902-03 for one of his customers, according to The Indian Territorial Historical Society.
It had a Model T FORD engine in 1918, but I don't know what the original motor was.
(I'd like to know what happened to that boat, too. - My late father said that it was still in use when he went to WWII, with the USAAC.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Looking to find info or location of boat.. 11 years 4 months ago #78343

WoW I'de love to see myself.

Re:Looking to find info or location of boat.. 11 years 4 months ago #78354

Well I know where my great grandfather's powered skiff is. The bottom of New Haven (CT) harbor. One of the guys that worked for him (he ran the power house for the trolley company) said he would put an engine in it for him. He installed a car engine and transmission connected to the propeller shaft and the steering was a tiller and rudder. As the story goes, he (the workman, not my great grandfather) took off in 1st gear and was cruising along fine when he shifted into 2nd gear. He was flying along in 2nd and decided to shift into 3rd. At this point it became overpowered and the boat nose dived and sank. The workman swam ashore, took the trolley home and didn't tell me great grandfather until the next day.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT