Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Found: 1958 Caprice -- runabout?

Found: 1958 Caprice -- runabout? 13 years 3 weeks ago #43810

Hi guys, new here, former Marinette owner, looking for a small fiber classic. I found one locally listed as "1958 Caprice runabout" (with newer motor). But the only info I can find shows 'Caprice' as much different (larger boats from the 70s). This one is a fairly plain, 14ft runabout like a 50s lone star, etc. Anyone know anything about this model?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Found: 1958 Caprice -- runabout? 13 years 3 weeks ago #43811

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..L.: WELCOME. I would guess Caprice word is the model. The mid 60's OMC tri -hull had a Caprice model .. Maybe the state D.M.V. will search any Hull reg # & may get the Manufacture. .... Seems to
have a green lower OMC , maybe 67 era Outboard.?

You should decide what size boat will work for your house & lake / river.. If only a 14 ft will fit in your garage, for neighbors, then it seems like a clean package.... We are prior Melbourne, Fla & I know there is a Very Active Glasspar club there could locate a 16 foot Citation or Avalon if you were interested in more group rallys.?

Re:Found: 1958 Caprice -- runabout? 13 years 3 weeks ago #43816

we are in Jax, in the process of buying a place with boat lift on the cedar river. so could have something bigger, but am loving the classic glass boats, expecially with fins. owner says he could not find another name. i may want to contact glasspar club, as it appears the models i am seeking are not as common 'round here as they are up north and west.

Re:Found: 1958 Caprice -- runabout? 13 years 3 weeks ago #43886

I was born in Marinette, Wisconsin. Graduated from Marinette Hi School (nothing to do with the boat brand Marinette tho).

I too would venture to guess that "Caprice" is the model name, not the manufacturer or brand.

Poke around in the boat and try to locate any type of builder's tag, etc...

Andreas

Re:Found: 1958 Caprice -- runabout? 13 years 3 weeks ago #43984

Marinettes are great boats, at least the ones I know of - there is more than one company to use that name. The classic ones are all aluminum cruisers, very sturdy, last forever if taken care of. As for the 'Caprice', it sold before I could get a chance to look at it. Anyone know of other "fiberclassics" in the Jacksonville, Fl area?
Attachments:

Re:Found: 1958 Caprice -- runabout? 13 years 3 weeks ago #43987

hi,the fellow to ask would be gary simpson,hes in florida,and has a vast knowledge of the old classics,he might even have one for sale,email me and ill get you 2 in touch,john
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6054 guests and no members online