• Page:

TOPIC: i got to meet bob "water wings" today

i got to meet bob "water wings" today 13 years 3 weeks ago #43770

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
and he is as nice in person as he is here on this forum,we had a great time talking boats,and he might stop by on his way back on sunday,maybe ed gordon and mom will get to meet him too.
the poor guys truck was rear ended this morning on the beltway.
thanks for the visit bob.
here he is with yukon,my "dog"
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:i got to meet bob "water wings" today 13 years 3 weeks ago #43771

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John, I couldn't agree with you more about Bob. We call him the cheerleader around here. Bob, have a great trip.
Shipley

Re:i got to meet bob "water wings" today 13 years 3 weeks ago #43772

Hey....wait a minute...I thought that Yukon, the great white wolf would take your head off. He looks more like....."Scratch my belly and I'll show you where the good stuff is hidden"!

Re:i got to meet bob "water wings" today 13 years 3 weeks ago #43798

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
brian,yeah,yukon is a pretty good dog when we are around,he only gave 2 low growls at bob at 1st,lol,but he changes when you tell him to get his "bug" (his favorite toy,lol.)then you cant get rid of him,lol
then he made up to bob quick.
yukon is really just a big old teddy bear,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:i got to meet bob "water wings" today 13 years 3 weeks ago #43803

Too bad I didn't stop by. But I went to see childhood best friend in Kittanning Care Center. It don't look like he will be with us much longer. Didn't know he was sick. His sister ran into my wife yesterday and begged I go see him before it was to late.

Re:i got to meet bob 13 years 3 weeks ago #43912

john_gibson wrote:

brian,yeah,yukon is a pretty good dog when we are around,he only gave 2 low growls at bob at 1st,lol,but he changes when you tell him to get his "bug" (his favorite toy,lol.)then you cant get rid of him,lol
then he made up to bob quick.
yukon is really just a big old teddy bear,john

hey yuke didn't growl at me at all..whats that make me??? prob figgered that old man's no threat.
Attachments:

Re:i got to meet bob "water wings" today 13 years 3 weeks ago #43967

Well made it back safe and sound, with a slightly customized rear bumper/quarter panel. I want to thank you John, for inviting me into your lovely home. It was truly a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife. Yukon is a great dog? Wolf?, ah huge animal! LOL. He's a great dog and a VERY good watch dog. Didn't take him long to warm up to me once I rubbed his ears though. ;)

I'm VERY sorry I couldn't stop back by on the way back but my second cousin is doing better but he is on dialysis. Not sure what's going to happen now. They're still waiting on the test results before they diagnose anything. I also did make it back in time to se my daughter for a while before she had to head back up to college. I'm hoping we can come back by that way again and I'll bring Kim this time so you can meet her and we can meet Ed and your mom.

Robert, very sorry to hear about your best friend, would have liked to meet you too but sick best friends have priority by far!

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6052 guests and no members online