• Page:

TOPIC: Custom Craft in NC

Custom Craft in NC 13 years 4 weeks ago #43613

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 4 weeks ago #43625

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
WOW,,, $ 2, 000 for a older style .unk outboard.. I knew I should
have kept my Customn Craft.. Guess we need to buy them in the NOrth east & sell them in the South .!

. I hope Mark dont see your post . I think he sold his lt Blue one.!!

PS. On 2nd thought, I dont think the seller is Emotionally OVER this boat yet..!

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 4 weeks ago #43631

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
From my limited knowledge of these I would say it is rare if it is a 1957.Everything I have seen on NCCs site seems to say 1960 was year one.Although this would not be the first or last time that I am wrong.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 4 weeks ago #43639

He can asked 2K don't mean he's going to get 2K

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 4 weeks ago #43643

Yeah I wasn't going to say anything but there must be some hidden gold under the dash that we can't see. :woohoo:

Bob

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 4 weeks ago #43667

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

I hope Mark dont see your post . I think he sold his lt Blue one.!!

Yes I did Larry, and it looks now like I under-priced it considerably! Just kidding, I got a fair price, and it went to another enthusiast, so "it's all good", as they say. ;)

Mark

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 3 weeks ago #43700

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
There are a few but not many pre-1960 CC's. If this boat doesn't need a transom or floor, doesn't have any major issues and has an original interior, 2K could be in the ballpark.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 3 weeks ago #43814

Mr. 88 wrote:

From my limited knowledge of these I would say it is rare if it is a 1957.Everything I have seen on NCCs site seems to say 1960 was year one.Although this would not be the first or last time that I am wrong.

1960 was the first year for the Manta Ray (in fiberglass), prior to that they only made the Sea Ray and Sting Ray in fiberglass.

That could be a '57 (Sting Ray), but at $1999 I would say a little steep. That's one of their most common models as it was made from the beginning to the end of their manufacturing run in one form or another...

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 3 weeks ago #43938

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well CC and Steve when you guys are finished drying off after the liberal spraying that you received from the PCat today check out what Norm D has to say about CCs in his history report.1958 was the first year that a CC was built out of glass and I highly doubt they went into any sort of production until 1959.So I bet another soaking that it is not a 57,haha.... Good time plying the Mighty Niagara today,except for my 40 year old cap ending up in Davey's Locker.Pics I took of your CC turned out good,considering I just guessed you were in the frame..Picked up the 78/140 Tower,looks good and plenty of spare parts.Xtra mid/lower/dist/starter/mounting bracket/wiring harness/ carbs-2/hat/wrap/drive shaft and new hub ass.Plus a bunch of other misc items.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 3 weeks ago #44052

Mr. 88 wrote:

Well CC and Steve when you guys are finished drying off after the liberal spraying that you received from the PCat today check out what Norm D has to say about CCs in his history report.1958 was the first year that a CC was built out of glass and I highly doubt they went into any sort of production until 1959.So I bet another soaking that it is not a 57,haha.... Good time plying the Mighty Niagara today,except for my 40 year old cap ending up in Davey's Locker.Pics I took of your CC turned out good,considering I just guessed you were in the frame..Picked up the 78/140 Tower,looks good and plenty of spare parts.Xtra mid/lower/dist/starter/mounting bracket/wiring harness/ carbs-2/hat/wrap/drive shaft and new hub ass.Plus a bunch of other misc items.

My information is based on first hand interviews with a person that worked there at the time. Later half of '56 into '57, the guy only worked there through those times, so it couldn't have been later. I don't have anything on paper John, but if you come to the next NFACB workshop, you can talk to him yourself...

P.S. had fun on the river yesterday, good day for getting a little wet...got some good video and pics of the old Custom Craft plant as well.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Custom Craft in NC 13 years 3 weeks ago #44058

dave, got another # for ya. bob gross says its a 61 mantaray ski. saw it at the tuckerton show.
:
:
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6021 guests and no members online