• Page:

TOPIC: need help in boat id

need help in boat id 13 years 1 month ago #43346

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
went to look at a boat that a customer of mine said i could have , just get it moved before snow. i'am going to get it this week, or he is going to smash it with a bobcat and bury it. it is registured as a 1968, and i looked thru the library section and it looks closer to a 1958 glasspar lido. what do you guys think? it has back to back seats, small splash well, and of course a rotten transom. the serial # is 396552 990001 , i did not see a model # or name other than glasspar. thanks, frog. sorry i forgot to size my pic's will do that now and repost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:need help in boat id 13 years 1 month ago #43386

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
FROG: I believe you are showing us a 1966 TACOMA 140 - Glasspar & will give the LINK to our library page..That longer serial # stamped tag was starting in 66 & I have a 1967 Sedan with the long
-strange serial #. 59-66 had the nice screw on Brass tag, with letter for city of Build.. www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Glassparb66004.jpg
Brochure even shows the lower side half round molded spray rail, as your pic... As much as I love Glasspar , in this case it looks too far rotted for any time / money to restore a very low end , limited model..I would encourage you to get as much hardware (Bow light , steeing wheel , etc), also the side moulding AL cap trim as
some may match what the G-3 speedster guys need $$. Also the name "GLASSPAR" rear side logo plastic tags. ($$) ...Even the FOUR or 6 windshield mounting CLIPS,$$...

Sorry for the delay , just noticed your post / request this am .
LARRY .ps It is possible the dealer had a left over 66 or 67 model & sold, registered in 68..? or that state went to TITLES in 68

& re - issued. For 1968 the small 14 ft was MARATHON , single tone bow deck , not like your two tone.

Re:need help in boat id , anybody need parts? 13 years 1 week ago #45506

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
going to scrap this out, am going to pull all the trim and hardware. let me know if you need anything, 1966 tacoma glasspar thanks , frog located in minnesota

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6422 guests and one member online