Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old, new member to Glassics

Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43178

Hey Kids!

I have been here before, but, I'll be darned if i can remember the username. Anyway, I'm back and I have taken up my project again this summer... A 1963 Sears Deluxe 15. I had found this boat behind a garage in town and I loved it. Original motor, original trailer and not in too bad shape. After a little tinkering with the motor, I got it running pretty good and we put her in the water for the rest of that first summer. I knew I had to replace to the floor, but, wanted to get it wet a little bit first.

So, after that first season, I began tearing up the floor... which led to tearing out the trusses and keel, as well. I had made good progress on it when I suffered a heart attack in June of last year. So, I never got back to it, until last month. I picked up all the pieces that I had ready and checked them out... Still good to go. I've got most of the glass work done now and just getting the final pieces in.. the seat pedestals, the rear seat blocking.. and getting ready for new paint all around.

I'll put up some pics of the project along the way. This is my first resore, so, it's been a learning experience. But, I love this little boat. Something about it...

Came back here to find some info about replacing a plexi windshield. The one that's in it is very clouded, beyond repair. I know I read a thread about that before. Have to spend some more time looking, is all.

Here's the Sears in the water 2 years ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43179

The floor after cutting out the existing glass.

New keel and trusses, mostly glassed in.

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43181

More recent, the front seat pedestals nearly complete.

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43182

I did get all the patterns for original seating from another Sears enthusiast on another site. However, I didn't really care for the bench seat in the front, so, I strayed away from original with it.
oh, and the decals on the dash are gone, too.

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43183

• billr
  • Thank you received: 0

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43184

Cool! I'll try that process before I give up on the existing windshield. Thanks, Bill!

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43188

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Im glad your back and made it threw a Heart Attack .Been there myself ..Did Sears make thier own boats or did another company ?
Larry

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43191

This is an Arkansas Traveller with a McCulloch 45 HP motor. AT made the Sears line until... 67, I think it was.

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43197

welcome back,nice boat,and glad the heart attack didnt take you,ive had 3 heart attacks so far that damaged the left side of my heart,it sure slows me down,but it looks like your moving right ahead,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43199

Thanks, John. Yeah... When it hit, I have to admit, I knew right away what it was. It was unlike anything I'd felt before.. Like someone had just grabbed onto my left arm and was squeezing it hard. It actually came on while I was in my Drs. office. But, you know how we are.. I don't have time for a heart attack! I didn't say anything and went back to work. 5 hours later, it's still there. I figure I probably better say something to someone. My wife is an EMT and a nurse. I went home and told her "I think I'm having a heart attack." In the ambulance, the paramedic got the EKG hooked up.. I know they don't use the siren with a possible cardiac patient so as not to get the adrenaline going any more... but, he stepped forward and said to the driver... "Pick it up." Siren on and away we went. He tells me, "There's going to be a lot of activity around you in the next few minutes." And he wasn't kidding. They were waiting for the ambulance at the door and I was in the OR 10 minutes later. Then 10 days in a cardiac intensive care. I was laid up for 2 weeks after that and couldn't return to work until September of last year... a full 3 months later.

So, guys... if you know you're having it... Speak up. I know you don't have time for it, but, believe it or not, you're not really in charge of when your body is going to take a break.

Hoping to get the boat in the water a little bit this season, but, that might be rushing it. I'd probably be smart to take the time and wait til next year to get it out.

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43222

Welcome back, Don't worry sometimes I forget my name too. Nice boat.

Re:Old, new member to Glassics 13 years 1 month ago #43235

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I think heart attacks and memory loss go hand in hand except for that ride in the ambulance. I must have had 5 IV's hanging in both arms three nitro tablets under my tongue and one gorgeous first responder hanging over me, that I can remember.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5812 guests and no members online