Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stern Light delema, Anyone got a few of these?

Stern Light delema, Anyone got a few of these? 13 years 1 month ago #43075

• TheToyBox
  • TheToyBox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I just restored a 1959 Larson Thunderhawk for a customer and it was a boat that was bought new by his dad in 59. I will post a pic for ya because its Blue and White. I rarely see that color combo. Well here is my delema. Larson had twin stern lights on thunderhawks and early 59 and older were glow pole lights but in late 59 and 60 they changed the style of lights to a removable light still refered to a glow pole style. I confirmed this with Paul Larson's grandson and John Monahan. It was John that said that many manifactures used the new style of light including Crestliner and he was right about that too. I check some of mine and they have this style. So if any of you guys have a few of these in your stash I would like to buy them. I need 3 total but if I could find 2 for now that would be great so I can finish the thunderhawk for a show this month. I will post pics of what this light looks like so you can see what I need. Any help would be appreciated.
Cowboy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Stern Light delema, Anyone got a few of these? 13 years 1 month ago #43087

• bhamrick
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
John Monahan sold me these glo tubes for my Larson Falls Flyer . They have the same base and shaft but a different end. John would be the one that would have the parts if anybody did.
Attachments:

Re:Stern Light delema, Anyone got a few of these? 13 years 1 month ago #43094

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Wasn't Del or somebody still making the glow poles? Not sure about the bases, but seems I remember a post here and maybe even an ad in the Glassifieds?

Beautiful job on the Thunderhawk, Cowboy. I hated to see August end, BTW. The calendar pic of the triple Mercs on the PC got more comments at work than any other picture so far! :P

Mark

Re:Stern Light delema, Anyone got a few of these? 13 years 1 month ago #43105

• TheToyBox
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Rick,
The base you have is totally different on the bottom and is correct for your boat but in mid 59 and into 1960 they changed to the stainless poles and thus the base changed too. People were tired of the plastic poles breaking off says John so Paul Larson made the change. By 1960 all models used the steel poles. It is true that Del does make the old plastic glow poles and does have some but again not what I need. I do have a set of nice bases for the glow poles here that are headed for Ebay next week.

Mark,
My Powercat does turn a lot of heads thats for sure. Everytime its up to the shop for something my customers flock around it in awe. I have had no time to take it out this year with the work load here but I sure want too. The problem is it draws to much attention too, lol Ie Sherriff, DNR, Coast Gaurd checking my HP rating But Danny Leger is working on a cure for that for me. Till that happens it stays on the trailer, sniff sniff. I would love to see Ron do a Calender on Brute Power this year there are a lot of boats with twins out there and I would be willing to do a photo shoot of my Powercat for that.

My Powercat did teach me something about what people want to see too. I have a few fin boats here and younger people 50 and under don't give them a second look but move right on to the ski boats of the 60s and to the multi engined rigs. I will be doing more of them in the next year because thats what people want to see. Brute Power! So Display motors will be Big Mercs and Race motors of the 60s, Merc, Scott, McCulloch, Chrysler, exc.

Re:Stern Light delema, Anyone got a few of these? 13 years 1 month ago #43135

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
hey bob s. i see in your profile that you have a fleetform. could you or would you post some pic,s of it please. thanks frog

Re:Stern Light delema, Anyone got a few of these? 13 years 1 month ago #43168

• TheToyBox
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Frog,
I posted a picture on my profile for you if you need more send me a personal email. I want to keep this thread about the stern lights I need.

Re:Stern Light delema, Anyone got a few of these? 13 years 1 month ago #43234

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
sorry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5770 guests and no members online