Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat Value?

Boat Value? 13 years 1 month ago #42933

Hi Everyone,

I"ve got what I think is a 1980 MFG Royal Elite 1700. It is in reasonably good condition. Rebuilt 305 Chev Engine, Fairly new canvase top. Shorelander Trailer. Unique hull design and handles great with little draft for a boat this size (approx 19 feet). We are looking to sell it as our needs have changed and I'm wondering if anyone out there can give me their opinion of what it might be worth.

Thanks very much.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat Value? 13 years 1 month ago #42937

I think you might be better off checking prices in your own area for comparable pricing, where I live, 30year old boats are everywhere, I can buy similar rigs $1000 all day long,and with the season over your really going to have a tough time

Re:Boat Value? 13 years 1 month ago #42940

MadProps wrote:

I think you might be better off checking prices in your own area for comparable pricing, where I live, 30year old boats are everywhere, I can buy similar rigs $1000 all day long,and with the season over your really going to have a tough time

Agree with that. A not so unique boat like that will demand local market value and not much more.

Start scouring craigslist for "similar" boats. There is a billion 19-ish foot open bow runabouts out there...start taking some averages. Clean, good running, turn key boats like that in So Cal will bring upwards of 2500-3000+ bucks(especially early\mid summer) quite easily. Hard to tell from the pictures but yours looks to be in very good shape.

Re:Boat Value? 13 years 1 month ago #42991

Thanks very much for the reply folks. This is a great site and certainly some beautiful boats on here. Having owned older boats for a lot of years it is nice to see a resource for repairs and general info and people sharing what they know....

Cheers.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5784 guests and no members online