• Page:

TOPIC: Help With info on my Boats

Help With info on my Boats 13 years 1 month ago #42633

• murphy
  • murphy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I was wondering if anyone has any info on a K&M Boat Co Seahawk, or a 1958 Westcoast Fiberglass Dolphin? Any help or info is appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help With info on my Boats 13 years 1 month ago #42638

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Murphy. Looks like you have two that we don't have any info in the FG library. We'd love to see some pics. ;) Give it a few days, some folks don't stop by every day. We have a very knowledgeable group here, maybe somebody will come up with some answers for you.

Mark

Re:Help With info on my Boats 13 years 1 month ago #42642

Any clue where these two boat firms were located? The state as a minimum?

Andreas

Re:Help With info on my Boats 13 years 1 month ago #42652

• murphy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I've posted a couple of photos, was hoping someone would recognise them.

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 8 months ago #55117

I'm even newer here than you ,but I found your post searching for another K&M Seahawk. Mines says 1959,previously restored.I'ts my main boat right now.I've tried to search K&M boats and get nothing but yaughts made in Sweden or Norway.I'ts a well made boat that's all I know.
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 8 months ago #55118

I'm sorry I don't think the picture was sent.
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 8 months ago #55119

One more time!

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 8 months ago #55136

Interesting, the following is a photo of two mystery boats from the old forums that look to be from the same manufacturer:
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 8 months ago #55138

The "Westcoast Fiberglass Dolphin" looks to be a model of Dolphin Boats made by West Coast Fiberglass Co. of Costa Mesa / Santa Anita, California:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Dolphin_%28Fiberglass%29

The boat itself appears similar to a P-14 and may have been produced under license which was often the case with the P-14: www.fiberglassics.com/library/P-14

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 8 months ago #55145

ok,I just took some new pictures of my Seahawk,the emblem says K&M boat co.
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 5 months ago #60183

Good Morning....that grey white and red Seahawk you bought sure looks familiar...I owned it for about 4 years..I found it in the back of an auction lot in Las Vegas and had to have it...I paid $300 bucks for it and it was in horrible shape..It had an old 70 hp "Dockbuster" Merc on it and the small locker to the left as you go in the cuddy had a porcelin pump out toilet installed..It used to have twin fiberglass gas tanks installed along the gunwalesI did ALOT of work to that old girl..she used to be yellow and white..if you are interested...I can show you some pictures..I never could find out much about the boat..I sold it to a guy in Phoenix in around 2003 or 2004
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 5 months ago #60495

Yes,that's my boat,I purchased it at a yardsale in Mesa Az.over a year ago.I could tell someone had put alot of work into that boat.It still had Nevada tags. But sadly it had sat under a tree uncovered for a few years and the seats and woodwork was in poor shape.The cabin was fine.Someone had used upholstery foam under the gastank to cushion it,right near the drain hole,which held moisture in that area.I replaced some of the floor and frameing around the tank.That 65 merc,started right up after all these years.I had the prop seal replaced,took it to the lake and it runs pretty good.
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 5 months ago #60499

Hello again...I'm very glad to have finally found her..It was me who installed the neoprene cushion between the tank and the floor..that was the second new tank I installed, the first one expanded over 1.5 inches and split a seam while sitting in 108 degree heat waiting to get across the dam at Mead..are the oak flames still attached to the sides behide the controller? It sounds stupid now..but I never intended it to be left outdoors..I have alot of pictures from the day I got it till the day I sold it..Looking forward to talking to you more...Brian

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 5 months ago #60500

I'm not quite sure how to use all the gizmos on this site..I'd like to post a few more pictures if nobody objects? B.

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 5 months ago #60638

Having a little trouble posting pics...Maybe someone can let me know how to post more than 1 at a time.....?
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 5 months ago #60652

• riceman
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
you can't post more than 1 pic at a time, but you can post multiple pictures in a post. you have to submit the post and let it go all the way through. once it's done, you hit the edit button and add 1 more pic, then submit again. repeat as necessary.

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 4 months ago #61549

Thanks Riceman...had some unexpected travel come up and just now got back..I just wanted to put up a few pics of the Seahawk..I really enjoyed that boat..It's great to know she's in good hands..BK.
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 4 months ago #62555

Took the Seahawk to Bartlett Lake on the Verde north of Scottsdale a couple weeks ago. Lake is only half full ,lots of beach camping.The boat ran good,but the second day got breezy and couldn't shut off motor and stay in one area even with trolling motor.I really need to work on the steering (really stiff)Here's a pic or two.
Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 4 months ago #62556

Attachments:

Re:Help With info on my Boats 12 years 2 weeks ago #69367

• murphy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all again..Murphy here. I started this question on my Seahawk. Seeing some pictures of what they look like when restored has me excited to get at mine, but health problems have slowed me down a bunch. That and the purchase of a Bayliner..not a classic yet, but big and warm on the chilly Olympic Peninsula days.
Does anyone have any manufacturing info on the Seahawks? What is the reason for the extension behind the first transom? It looks like it was an after thought to move the weight back maybe? Or was the hull designed as an inboard to begin with? Mine has some engine mounting bunks that look like they are factory original, just in front of the inner transom. I've had someone local tell me they remember the same hull with a small one or two lunger inboard installed. I'll try and get some pictures of the engine bunks as soon as I can, but because of an abundance of boats I've had to move it to a friends for a while.
Again guys...Thanks for the help and the photo's. Nice to see that there are still one or two of these beauties out there.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online