Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crosby Sled advice

Crosby Sled advice 13 years 1 month ago #42622

I am a complete newbee to boating but I'm currently narrowing my search for a fishing boat. On the top of my list is a '67 Crosby Sled. It looks like the fiberglass has been re-done and it has been painted. It looks like a very clean boat. Any advice on what/where to look for any problems... any personal experiences or reviews of this boat, etc. would be greatly appreciated. How will this boat stand up to a typical aluminium jon boat? Thanks for any pointers of feelings about this boat. Also interested in what the conventional wisdom is about the value of such a boat when compared to a comprabley sized metal boat. THANKS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Crosby Sled advice 13 years 1 month ago #42643

Re:Crosby Sled advice 13 years 1 month ago #42644

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
W.P : WELCOME. I had different skiffs in the past & always useful
for fishing & runnig antique tiller motors. I had seen one of these Crosby & are historic like a 13 ft ,Early Boston Whaler. . If it had been repainted redone it should be good value. NOt sure if the transom is wood & gets replaced over time, like a speed boat.??
That is where ALuminum will have no maintance over time. If AL gets dented in side takes away from value. Glass more easy to repair.. I have also fished out of Kayaks , with great success, if that is another option for you. I have a Crosby 16 ft boat & the name has a following with collectors.

A few months ago one was on the web here in TN, but took a long time to sell as we have a wider river / lake here. 16 ft is now
my favorite size.......
...this should be one of the sled models. !

Re:Crosby Sled advice 13 years 1 month ago #42645

It may take some time for some to respond. Many of our members are in the wake of Irene. Many were away for weekends. I love my old fiberglass boat for fishing. It is quieter on the water than my old aluminum one. I find my boat is probably worth more to me than anyone would pay for it. I have two. I am currently fixing up a 59 Winner and I run a 58 MFG. One reason I went to a fiberglass was of the noise my aluminum boat made even just shifting your weight. It was a 1960 Century. I sold it for much more than I paid for it. I was a shallow V and I wanted a deep V. I am not sure what your boat looks like ,I'm not familiar with a Crosby sled. I do wish to give you a warm welcome. We all would love to see some pics. If you are having problems you may have to reduce the size of the pics. I use a few programs to do this. Free ones are available. I'm using on this puter the "Light Image Resizer." It is easy and retains the smaller version as a copy.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5740 guests and no members online