Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cleaned up the MFG

Cleaned up the MFG 14 years 5 months ago #4247

It Finely got warm enough to clean up the MFG She's a 1964 all original, including the top, side curtains and camper top. She started right up and purred like a kitten.
A few shots.

Some one in the past had glued/double sided tape some carpet in.
I could not get the glue off without scraping the splatter paint off. I tried all the regular removers, but non worked. And suggestions?

Thanks for looking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Cleaned up the MFG 14 years 5 months ago #4249

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
AWESOME boat, Ken! Let me go back and find the thread on removing registration numbers, you may find some of that info useful. The glue/tape would be about the same, I think.

Here ya go....
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/main-forum/removing-old-registration-s-and-decals

Mark

Re:Cleaned up the MFG 8 years 11 months ago #116127

Hi....

I just bought a 1965 MFG and it did not have the original top. The original owner said that had it but something fell on it while in storage and he never replaced it.

I'm starting from scratch except foe existing snaps on the boat. There are no snaps on the windshield however and he said it was held on with clips??

Your MFG looks wonderful...do you still have it?

How was your top connected? I cannot see it close up enough from pictures posted. Also when folded up...where did the top go? Was it in a boot of some sort? How were the side curtains attached...zippers or snaps?

Any information would be great. Thanks

Re:Cleaned up the MFG 8 years 11 months ago #116132

Kipper:

There are clips that have a snap on them - they clip onto the stainless window frame. My 1973 has them. Not sure if they are still available. They hook under the lower edge and tap over the top edge with a gentle tap of a small hammer.

Here is another angle

Here is with top snapped to it -
Attachments:

Re:Cleaned up the MFG 8 years 11 months ago #116295

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
What you might find on the windshield instead of snaps is a groove along the top edge, and
the canopy front edge has a thin piece of plastic sewn in along the width of the edge underside.
The groove opening faces down so the front edge of the canopy runs over the windshield top and the front edge of the canopy curlers around so the plastic edge can be pushed up into the groove.
It makes for a very clean connection that is 100% drip and wind proof. Both my 64 Edinboro and 65 Erie have this set up. One has the bubble windshield the other flat glass panels aluminum frame set up.
Do this front connection first, you can do it from inside the boat, the back side panels snap onto the boat with a little stretching of the canopy.
Randy

Re:Cleaned up the MFG 8 years 11 months ago #116442

Looks Great. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online