Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: new boat.. wife says ugh!

new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42071

well I just went and picked up my next boat project...odd though that i still have not finished my 56 delmar yet.. shes a 1962 bell boy ballerina with a evinrude lark IV out board fairly clean boat though.. motor runs needs steeering parts and controls. can anyone Id the trailer?
Next question same guy has a 1961 chris craft 18ft ski boat with original 283 Boat is 90% complete needs top deck and restored. No rot a little sun dried (sat in hanger at local airport for over 20 years) worth 3500.00?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42072

next
Attachments:

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42073

another
Attachments:

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42074

funny how we can interpet stuff as guys, The wife told me I had to thin out my project cars and couldnt buy any more until I finished a few of them.. So i figured well she didnt say no boats till I finish my other projects......lol ( good thing she loves me)

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42077

forgot one here you can really see the trailer any idea on trailer make?
Attachments:

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42078

My wife's first words when I first brought my boat home was That boat is ugly! its a piece of crap I don't like that boat.. LOL But now she see's it coming together and really likes it now.

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42089

Cowboy,
Nice looking Bell Boy, she looks to be in pretty good shape. That should be a fun project. How is the transom, it it solid?

You may want to take some pictures of it and post it in the woody section with your question to get direct woody responses. But here's my 2 cents worth. You'll need to really go over her good. If she's already missing the deck, there could be plenty of other issues underneath/inside frame wise. When you say sundried, are the planks grey? If they are then they'll probably have to be replaced. The Mahogany has lost it's natural ability to fight rot etc due to the internal oils being gone. She might still be worth $3,500 depends on if all the hardware is there, does the engine turn over or is it seized. Also depends on what model it is. Is it the utility type hull or runabout. Runabouts usually have single, dual etc cockpits. The utilities hae the bench seat up from, bench in back and the doghouse over the engines so you can still walk around it. Price also varies by location, somewhat. I've seen some CC's, Garwoods etc with no deck, really bad hulls etc go for $4k to $5k, agin it really depends on what model it is and how rare it is. Sorry for the long explaination, I guess it really comes down to if you've always wanted a Chris Craft, you like the price and have the moeny/time to put into her to restore her then go for it. Others can jump in here. Bob

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42090

I agree with Bob on the CC deal. I sure don't want one $3500 bad!

Frank

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42093

cowboy,nice old boat,as for what my wife would say if i bring home another boat,well...lets just say that i cant say that here,lol.
that steering wheel is a vollrath viking steering wheel,i have one but its promised to brian w.if i can get the thing off of the shaft,lol.i will then try to fix it and send it to him.
they are a rare wheel,john
as for the trailer i have seen elgins that have that type of fender,but im probably wrong,lol.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42323

On the Chris, do you know what model it is?.... Plywood or plank? ... Look over the transom/floor area for signs of rot/repair. Can you tell if bottom has any glass work done? ..... 90% there, what 10% is missing?
Why is deck off?

I would say the average "barn-find" woody our there today would need some kind of wood repair. Pics would help.

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42329

Tempest wrote:

My wife's first words when I first brought my boat home was That boat is ugly! its a piece of crap I don't like that boat.. LOL But now she see's it coming together and really likes it now.

That's almost word for word what my wife said about mine....lol...

Now it's running and the second one is named after her and she is actually encouraging me to work on it. ;)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:new boat.. wife says ugh! 13 years 1 month ago #42332

on the chris- i want to say planksides ply bottem, looks to be missing seats and some small parts, complete drive setup is in it only thing i can say i didn't see was the rudder but rest of steering setup is there in the way of large items...

cc1000- my wife jumped all over the first boat-said it was cute, second boat she said the model name was cute, this third prospect she sid what ever..... but I know onces she sees a few pictures of a redone c.c. she will love it!

going to pull the c.c. out of the hanger this weekend so i can crawl all over it and get some pictures to put up here and get a vote from everybody.. I have tons of fiberglass and painting experiance but lack a bit in wood refinishing, can do it but takes me a bit longer..at least its got a chevy in it think i could probly rebuild it in my sleep...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5095 guests and no members online