Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1950 12' Magnesium Starcraft

1950 12' Magnesium Starcraft 13 years 1 month ago #41961

This is my 1950 12' magnesium Starcraft. I haven't seen a whole lot online about them. Have any of you?!?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1950 12' Magnesium Starcraft 13 years 1 month ago #41974

Star Tank & Boat Co. purchased the magnesium boat assets of Dow Chemical. That's how Star got into magnesium boats.

Andreas

Re:1950 12' Magnesium Starcraft 13 years 1 month ago #41977

Do you have any idea how long Starcraft made Magnesium boats?

Re:1950 12' Magnesium Starcraft 7 years 9 months ago #129319

Hi there,

I have this boat! It is exactly like yours except in poor condition. Do you still have it? I assumed mine was the only one left until I did a google search.

www.paulsevans.com/archives/antique-boat/

The link above has info for mine. I am currently in process to donate this one to a museum assuming the curators are interested.

Re:1950 12' Magnesium Starcraft 7 years 9 months ago #129320

Hi there,

I have this boat but it's in terrible shape from sitting outside. Acid rain/weather has corroded the boat and it is now non seaworthy. I assumed I had the only one left until I ran a goose search and found your post.

I am truly amazed as both boats are the same. My grandfather sold these when the company started. I have all the documentation and related parts.

DO you still have this boat? I am in the process of trying to donate mine to a marine museum.

Re:1950 12' Magnesium Starcraft 7 years 9 months ago #129321

Paul, you posted 2 similar but different replies in the same thread, 5min apart

Re:1950 12' Magnesium Starcraft 7 years 9 months ago #129586

paulsevans wrote:

Hi there,

I have this boat but it's in terrible shape from sitting outside. Acid rain/weather has corroded the boat and it is now non seaworthy. I assumed I had the only one left until I ran a goose search and found your post.

I am truly amazed as both boats are the same. My grandfather sold these when the company started. I have all the documentation and related parts.

DO you still have this boat? I am in the process of trying to donate mine to a marine museum.

You have some great information with the boat. I also have a Dowcraft Magnesium boat that is practically original. I was told it only had 2 owners and very little use. I looked over your photos and your boat does not look the same as mine. It has some different features. Do you have the Manufacture Tag on your boat? If you would like more specifics please let me know.

Any luck donating the boat to a museum? If you decide to sell the boat and/or the items with the boat, please let me know? I actually considered doing the same thing, as I was blown away after doing research on the boats and they have a unique past.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online