Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another odd Glassic...and trailer...

Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41846

• finfanatic
  • finfanatic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
So I went yesterday and saved yet another Glassic. I've known about this boat for a while but the price started out outrageous. After a couple of years of watching it sit there in a little town about an hour away, I decided to ride up there and check on it again. This time the price was cheap, real cheap, so it was time to get her out of there. I may have posted a pic of this boat a few years ago on the old forum, I'm not sure, but it's a strange one. The trailer looks to be original to the boat and is very unique with some cool streamline fenders. The boat measures somewhere around 13 feet, and is fiberglass throughout, even the floor which is still solid as a rock. Too bad windshield is cracked but it wasn't original anyway and I've since taken it off.

Here it is after initially pulling it out of it's weed patch:

Here we are at the gas station getting some air. The cap on the stem of the left tire was seized, just adding to the adventure:

Just out of the car wash after a quick spray-off:

Check out those fenders. Someone replaced the little round taillights with the newer square ones at some point.

I didn't get a pic of the old Johnson outboard with controls laying in the floor.

Any ideas on what this thing could be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41848

I love the profile on that old girl. Good Job.
I think that is one of those "desirable" Gator trailers with breadbox fenders. Good score.
Andrew

Re:Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41852

Cool looking boat. Stands out some. I like it.

Re:Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41855

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
The "nose" kinda reminds me of a Studebaker Avanti. Very interesting, I like it too. B)

Mark

Re:Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41856

thats a johnson/omc boat check this out.........

www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/

woosterken

Re:Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41869

Wow, cool looking lines. She cleaned up pretty good too! Way to go, saved another one.

Bob

Re:Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41876

Unusual looking boat. I don't beleive it is an OMC or Evinrude. It has a lot of styling ques found on many of the canadian, german, brittish, etc manufactured boats I have seen from the period. The odd lines, huge obtrusive rubrail, tall windshield, etc. However, the steering wheel is identical to the one I removed from a 75 or so VIP ski boat recently.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41878

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Quite unusual style, love it. Fun to see these old girls come around again. Thanks for sharing.
Cal

Re:Another odd Glassic...and trailer... 13 years 1 month ago #41892

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..Fin. : GOOD Score .. I believe you have a CUSTOM CRAFT , NOVA RAY. Red color washed up nice.. Mfg co out of Buffalo , NY, BUT could have been built in VA..? Will add a pic album later.
Serial # may have been on transom AL , Motor cap plate if you have or inside boat.?... Should be about the last year made 1965 .
www.nicklecityclassics.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=11332635

CONGRATS , another one for Tenn.. These Custom Craft is the same mfg of the MANTA RAY, you were after years ago...!.
.. FIN: This may be the 2nd boat found..? Also known as 1966
MFG CORVETTE.! This is when company MFG started to acquire Custom Craft & used one of their hulls & Market stratagey... One was for Sale in Conn, located by TUTOR..

Todd Williams

Topic: Nova Ray

I went to look at this boat this morning. It is indeed an MFG Corvette CV-15. He had the BIA plate to prove it. However, it definitely is a Nova Ray hull and deck. The hardware and details are unmistakeable Custom Craft. According to the brochures on the FG website, it was made one year, 1966.(A modified Corvette II was introduced in 1967) The hull number is 0221. It is a project, needing new stringers, foam floor and transom.

Interestingly, the MFG Carousel, also introduced in 1966, has a remarkably similar hull to the Flying Ray.

A little more insight on what happened to the CC stuff after they closed down...
. HERE IS THE LINK FOR 1966 MFG Brochure right here in our Library .!!! Even RED, www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Mfgb66019.jpg

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5091 guests and no members online