Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: could use some help? heard you guess were the best

could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41710

hey everyone, bought a new project boat but im having troubles on finding the specs on it. we were going off what the title card and registerstation card says but everything on it so far to our research is all wrong.. every other site as directed me to you guys so i hope you can help, any questions or other photos needed just ask! ha thanks!

-papajoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41711

mmmmh?! im having troubles posting the pics... ill continue to try to see what i can find to do.

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41726

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Here's a link you may find helpful on posting pics PapaJoe;
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/7-support/22256-how-to-post-pictures.html
And here's a link to the FG library, sometimes very helpful in determining what you have to work with;
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Main_Page
And welcome aboard, btw! ;)

Mark

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41732

Welcome aboard, but you need to give us a clue as to what you are seeking. What make, model year boat is on the paperwork? What is suspect as being correct or incorrect?

Andreas

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41753

heres a few pics let me gather my info and ill let you guys know in a couple minutes after a few pics go up :)
Attachments:

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41754

the title card tells me that is says its a 65 13ft MFG. going through the fiberglassics brouchere the only thing somewhat close to ours is in the 57 series. still we are having trouble as a family on making a decsion of exactly what one ours is. ive put up pics in my boats section of my profile. thanks you guys for all the help already. im stoked to get this project started and get ready for fishing next year :)

-papajoe

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41755

This is what the Corry Suburban looked like from the factory boys. I have the same boat but has been modified. Look below for some old posts on MFG Boats. I love mine. The deck is 44 inch's.
Attachments:

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41756

Mine is a 58 model. The keel inside is wood. Yours looks original from what I can see. Wish mine was but I fish from mine. It handles well and planes well. It also came as a utility hull. All these pics are the same boat. Some are old pics.
Attachments:

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41757

what year is yours and do you have the transum like mine thank-you papajoe

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41758

sorry I did not see your pictures. my MN DMV says my boat is a 1965

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41759

Mine is a 58. I've seen the same boat with a metal keel inside also. When I got mine it was a bare hull with a chunk of plywood on the floor. I used to use a lawn chair. LOL Your is rated a t30 HP and has a capacity of 900 lbs. Utility version is 20 hp. I'd love to see your firsthand bur distance is too great. Your is the best example I've seen.
Attachments:

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41766

i think my pictures in my boat section of my profile should be up if that helps with a better pic for you.

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41768

We all love pics here. There are more of these than you think but few in original condition. Most, like mine were modified before we got them. This picture was flipped 180 degrees. It was upside down when the pic was taken on my last re-do of the boat about 4 years ago.
Attachments:

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41794

did you see my pic. what do you think make mine or keep old sckool.papajoe

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41795

If it were mine I'd keep her as original as possible.

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41806

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
As noted by RL keep it stock! Now,what year is the motor and trailer ? Most of the time they were sold as a pkg,so that is a good indicator of the year of the hull.PS get that gas tank off the seat,I hate to see the wood scored up.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #41814

I think I got this from the Library here but for some reason I can't get it to work.
Overall length-12 ft 8 inches
Gunwale length-13 ft 4 inch
Max beam- 60 1/2
Hull depth 28 inch
Transom width -53 inches
Transom height at motor cutout-15 inch
Transom angle-12"
Deck length Corry Suburban-44 inches

Mine fits these to a T.
Attachments:

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42037

i dont no on the trailer. I am told the motor is 56 papajoe

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42038

I found the same pape in the MFG but my DNR tag says 1965 I say no way papajoe

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42043

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I would agree based on the info,58-60.They did not appear to make them from 61 on.If you get the serial/model number from the motor which should be on a small metal plate around the port side of the mounting bracket we can tell you for sure what year the motor is.Sometimes paperwork gets fudged in the DMV for whatever reason,especially on older boats so do not worry what the reg says.The motor year can be used as a barometer for the boat but not always etched in stone.Boat may have sat for a year before selling and motor for two or the original owner had the motor and put it on his new ride,a lot of unknown reasons why they might not match up.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42095

I found on the motor 25920-11977 and a sticker under the wood in the bow (front of boat) MFG company Union City PA. 008814 serial number

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42127

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
25920 comes up as a 1955 25hp.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42131

I talked with the DNR I have to proof of date on the year of the boat. then they can change it numbers. do you no ware I can go with the serial # or do you think that is just a boat nunber. thanks for all your help. papajoe

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42132

sorry Iam no typest

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42133

If I stand at the outboard at the back of the boat facing front my tag is attached to the inverted A transom structure in plain sight. I never found any other numbers on mine and it was sanded 100% down. I'd like to see some picks of your internal keel and wood attachment.
Attachments:

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42589

Iam ready to start. I would like to no did you fill in the gaps between the strits. can i use a foam i do not wont water to set there and rot my wood.

Re:could use some help? heard you guess were the best 13 years 1 month ago #42619

I don't leave mine in the water. But I left open to ventilate. My deck is held onto the interior keel with two large wood screws. I custom cut two pieces of wood for out stringers to keep it level and solid. It is open at the front and back for free air flow. I take my deck out once a year to inspect the wood. It comes out in minutes with a friend to help. When you lift the deck the seats and pedestals come out with the deck. I have replaced part of the interior wooden keel some years ago. I was a little punky in a small spot. I also keep it under cover and it stays dry. I've not taken my plugs out all summer and it is dry as a bone inside. In fact when the deck comes out I spray a stream of water through the gaps to make sure they are clear. If you use a foam that is not closed cell it will retain moisture. After my Winner is done I may have to redo it as it came from the factory. I'm missing everything for that. I bought it just to fish before I caught the old boat bug. I've owned this boat at least 12-14 years.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5417 guests and no members online