Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: update on my glassic Windsor Craft

update on my glassic Windsor Craft 13 years 1 month ago #40918

I've been making slow progress so far but better than none at all right?! The inner and outer plywood on the transom has been removed intact to be used as a pattern for the new mahogany veneered plywood I ordered from Noah's marine. Thankfully the main transom ply was still very much intact and all previous holes had been filled/plugged. The front bench (only bench right now) has been removed and to my surprise the vinyl covered bottom was the same beautiful solid mahogany that the back is. A previous owner had contact cemented foam then stapled the black vinyl onto it making for a much more lengthy restore than hoped but I know it will be worth it. I'm going to replace the vinyl covering with some small removable seat cushions that will still show off the wood. I would also like to make a matching rear bench seat as there are existing mounts for one. Thats about it so far.. I'll update with pics as soon as I figure out were I left my sd card.. OOPS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:update on my glassic Windsor Craft 13 years 1 month ago #41196

sorry for the image quality. it was just easier size wise

From the back before starting to strip

close up of the front and trailer

after the initial strip

Re:update on my glassic Windsor Craft 13 years 1 month ago #41199

Looks like a good place to start. Trailer is not a rust bucket either. Her in Pa rust a real problem. How thick is that paint? Cool boat.

Re:update on my glassic Windsor Craft 13 years 1 month ago #41206

The trailer is in surprising shape. It only really needs bearings and tires. Both boat and trailer appear to only have two coats each, the funky green and the original canary yellow which I think I will paint it again. I still havn't seen another boat like mine around and would love to know if anyone here has seen a Windsor Craft like mine or something similar? The combo as I've been told were stored most of their life in a barn which appears to be true based on the condition of the wood alone. I don't think the windsheild is original as there are alot of filled holes in symetrical patters in that area. I love how it looks with this one but I'd also love to know what it would have looked like originally.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6274 guests and one member online