Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to this with a 1961 Cutter, any experts?

New to this with a 1961 Cutter, any experts? 13 years 1 month ago #40822

I am new to all of this. Actually it was an axident gone well I believe. I bought this 1961 16' Cutter off craigslist because I needed a boat to move a few lifts around on the lake. To me and the guy I got it from it was just a 16' boat. I got it home and looked up some history on them and found it pretty interesting. The boat is in great shape, it has all of the origional stuff as far as I can tell except for the material from the bimini top. It has the origional 40 horse evenrude, all four seats in good condition without any rips, the metal for the bimini, a clear title, and I even found the registration reciept from the first owner in 1961. It needs a gel coat, and a new rub rail. I got it running last night and it sounds great. Any ideas what this thing is worth as is and restored? I would appreciate some advice from anybody that knows about these little boats. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New to this with a 1961 Cutter, any experts? 13 years 1 month ago #40825

Motorman,
First welcome aboard, glad to have you here. There are several folks here who have Cutter's of various models. I'm no expert and there are others here who have done this much longer than I, so I'll let them jump in. I will say please take some good pics and post them, that's the easiest way for us to get a good look at what you have and we can probably make a better judgement from there. Some good 800x600 if possible, hull views, bow, stern, interior etc. We can determine which model you have also, unless you already know. You can also search through the Glassic Library in the tab toward the top of this page and look up the Cutter info.

Bob

Re:New to this with a 1961 Cutter, any experts? 13 years 1 month ago #40836

It is a 1961, I have the title and origional registration paper, both state the year of the boat. I know the basics about it, what it needs, and how to make it run, I just don't know the value of it. I will have to pull it out of my shop to get some picures

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6228 guests and one member online