TOPIC: Kober Kat

Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40292

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
G3Jim, thank you, you are awesome! ;)
13 foot 10 inches of you better hang on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40295

hootie hoo gonna get tears in your ears

how many hp Neil

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40296

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
1960 800EL Direct Reverse 80 ponies.
Compression is 1-125, 2-127, 3-115, 4-125, 5-130, 6-125

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40297

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Better wear your water wings.
Attachments:

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40308

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cool Neil You SCORED !!!! Now your gonna get to see what a Tower can do on a fast Hull . Im getting the Scat Ready ... Its Definately On ....L.O.L.. By the way I see your boats parked in front of that church alot is it near your House or do you just stop there to give thanks for every new score you get ??
Larry

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40310

Its Definately On

so you guys lookin to race?

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40313

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
MadProps wrote:

Its Definately On

so you guys lookin to your race?

Well Neils in Idaho and Im in Wisconsin .Could meet in SD on the MO river ...L.O.L.. Maybe we could start Fiberglassics First Annual Run what ya Brung Race ..Anybody else in that area or willing to travel ..??
Heres my Scat I just picked up . Neil Ya Want some of this ??

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40316

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
The church is right across from my house. On Saturday evenings, I can't leave my house cause the street is blocked with cars for a couple of hours. And yes there has been some "intervention" on some of my finds for sure!
MadProps asks if we wanna race. For us to race would take alot of travel time and veggie oil. You would smoke me anyways.
And if he is talking about running him, well the pictures of his boats are faster than any thing I have.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40318

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neil wrote:

The church is right across from my house. On Saturday evenings, I can't leave my house cause the street is blocked with cars for a couple of hours. And yes there has been some "intervention" on some of my finds for sure!
MadProps asks if we wanna race. For us to race would take alot of travel time and veggie oil. You would smoke me anyways.
Neil

I dont know about that .First run today it ran like crap .. Got 6 MPH out of it on GPS.. Ya I actually looked ...L.O.L..The coil tower was pretty much burned off of it .Ive got a 650 for parts . Trying to figure out if I can swap them to a 500 .My guess on that Kober is if you throw a good 1150 or 1350 , A jack plate with trim and get her dialed in That boat should really bring home the bacon .Just be carefull and get some good seat time before you let her stretch out .If the view over the Bow suddenly goes from water to Sky its a bad thing .Ive done that once .Didnt like it and some dont get a second chance .

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40320

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Well Larry, this thing is only 13 feet long and weighs next to nothing. That may be a good combination for someone that races. But it would scare the crap out of me. I have only been in this boating thing for three years and I would likely hurt my self if I slung a big Merc on here and let the big dog eat!
I will just keep it in the "lots of fun range" and answer the questions at the dock and smile for the pictures. If I were to sink this thing that would be a waste of a good classic and a Merc. The lake I run on averages about 200 feet, so salvage is not a word that could be used accurately.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40322

Neil Ya Want some of this ??

Im your Huckelberry :woohoo:

My GW Invader was boring after 2 days at 45mph, I sold it & I just bought this 12.5ft tunnel hull 2 days ago, $500
Its a 1 of apparently the guy has the mold and the boat sitting in his Ex's backyard for 14 years , he thought she sold it during the divorce fight, he goes to pick up his kid for summer and see its still there still wet sanded ready for the flame job.
No name for the hull or design buts it almost an exact mini copy of a 21ft Cougar Cat tunnel hull racer.

I will run a Merc1000 CMC Jackplate, stainless cleaver prop, Power Tilt & Trim
I hope to float test her in the next day or so....I will run her if she doesnt sink :ohmy: I have a 62 merc700 that will shed a bunch of weight & will work out if I have a weight issue.....we'll see

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40327

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
What does that hull weigh?
I am curious about the Kober. I am going to weigh it this weekend. It will be the bare hull with just the steering.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40341

Neil,
Sweet, I'm glad for you buddy, that's going to be a fun ride.

MadProps,
Wow, cool looking tunnel hull. That should fly!

Bob

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40344

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neil wrote:

Well Larry, this thing is only 13 feet long and weighs next to nothing. That may be a good combination for someone that races. But it would scare the crap out of me. I have only been in this boating thing for three years and I would likely hurt my self if I slung a big Merc on here and let the big dog eat!
I will just keep it in the "lots of fun range" and answer the questions at the dock and smile for the pictures. If I were to sink this thing that would be a waste of a good classic and a Merc. The lake I run on averages about 200 feet, so salvage is not a word that could be used accurately.
Neil

Well you behave then ..I was just playing with ya Neil ..Your lakes 200 feet deep ?? Is it a resevoir?? That would be a LONG Swim down to hook a rope up to her .Does that Kober have any Flotation Foam in her ? I think Mad Props has got us both beat anyway ...L.O.L... Thats a sweet looking Tunnel .

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40345

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Larry it indeed is a reservoir. 2 miles wide and 50 long. and DEEP.
Tons of fun and lots of room. It looks to have some flotation up in the bow, but very little.
Here is a question for tunnel hull and motor placement. Does this look right for motor height? Where is the cav. plate supposed to be in relation to the hull in a tunnel hull boat?
Attachments:

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40348

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well Neil im no expert But ild guess its sitting way to low .Ild run a Short Shaft on there .My Scat the tunnel is deeper and you set that up so the Cavatation plate is even with the top of the tunnel or the bottom of the Transom in the center .They have it even with the lowest part of the boat .My Carlson Challenger is like that but she isnt a true tunnel . Starts as a tunnel then flatens to a flat pad all the way across in the back .Mad Props seems to be the man on these things . Maybe he can set us straight .If it was me Ild get a Jack Plate with 4 to 6 inchs of set back on there and run a shorty .Hows the Transom on her Neil ??

See where my center Drain plug is just below the jack plate My cavatation plate is even with the hull just below that plug

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40362

cav plate should be even with the top of the tunnel. mine is about 2" lower and i get water over the splashwell at speed. ron
Attachments:

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40370

This how I set my Power Cat up...

Attachments:

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40379

Neil I have really liked that Kober since you showed me that picture weeks ago. The man who made that boat I believe is Dave Kober. he lives around Lake Havasau AZ and still makes few boats. His number is listed. I called him up about a month ago and talked to him awhile about his boats. He was pretty tickled to talk about his older stuff. You should call him 928-486-8944. he would probably tell you all sots of stuff.
Conrad

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40381

now those are some very cool looking and fast boats,very cool,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40393

If your on the MO river Ill stop by. Ill even let you look under the hood :)

Conrad
Attachments:

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40435

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
What year is yours Conrad ?? My Challenger has the same seats as yours .All of the other ones Ive seen have the Nasty looking Square back to back ..Mines suppose to be a 62 .

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40440

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I was checking those seats out too Larry, you don't see many like that. Very cool, I love the rounded look.

Mark

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40485

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
MarkS wrote:

I was checking those seats out too Larry, you don't see many like that. Very cool, I love the rounded look.

I heard there only in the True Carlson boats .Not the Glastron Carlson ones .Mine are the same as Conrads Theres actually oval shaped Molded Fiberglass on the floor where they rest in .In a performance boat they sure look better than the square Tri Hull type back to back seats you see in them .

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40513

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Conrad
I called Dave Kober and had an amazing chat. He asked the original color of the boat, when I told him he said that it is a 1968 and he made only 125 of them. He also said that he used a boat just like it with twin 110 horse (did not say make) and set a record on the Colorado River. I asked him about the safety at higher speeds and he said this hull design will safely run 90. With a different driver than me of course. :(
He asked where I was from and I told him Idaho. He said "there is a little town there that starts with a M and has a college in it."
I said that is Moscow. He went on "just south of there is a little town called Gennesee and there is one of my old boats there, sittin' in a field. But the guy doesn't want to sell it."
I told him that was the boat I have, I just picked it up this last Sunday. He said that a couple years ago he had been going through there on a trip visiting relatives and happened across it. Kooky how small this planet is. He asked how big a motor I was planning on running. I thought I would run a 1000 shorty. He asked if I had anything bigger. When I told him a 115 and a 135 he said without hesitation "put the 135 on it and gas it!"
He wanted me to send some pictures of it to him and then call back and chat. He sounds like a very interesting fellow with a rich history.
So could it be that I ran onto a little speedster that is a little more than an average?
It damn sure made my day! Thanks for the #. Way cool.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40514

Its just not fair you guys finding all these cool little tunnels...

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40567

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Neil wrote:

He wanted me to send some pictures of it to him and then call back and chat. He sounds like a very interesting fellow with a rich history.

Priceless! Very cool boat, and the insight from the "namesake" is awesome Neil !

So could it be that I ran onto a little speedster that is a little more than an average?

My vote is YES! Congrats buddy, "Scavenger of the Year" trophy is yours. :P

Mark

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40571

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Mark.
I went over to scream and fly and looked around. Looked at and read about Kober Kat.
Talk about a guy that was in way over his head.(dat be me)
Mr. Kober has probably junked more boats than I've seen.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40590

• CaryW
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I think I have read every post in the outboard and racing history section. Lots of history hangs out in that section.

For every boat that I ever drooled over as a kid, there is somebody who raced it or raced against it.

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40606

& I thought 100hp on my tunnel hull was over the top :lol:

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40674

Holy Crap, that was cool, nuts but cool!!!!!

Bob

Re:Kober Kat 13 years 1 month ago #40687

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
MadProps wrote:

& I thought 100hp on my tunnel hull was over the top :lol:

What size of Evinrude is that ?? That guys Gotta have his life insurance paid up Ild bet ..Wish we could have seen the Hole Shot .. Neil ..Madprops ..DONT DO THAT ..I dont mean that much HP I mean run a Evinrude ...L.O.L..Sorry Just kidding ..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6504 guests and one member online